Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help. Is this because of Utrogestan?  (Read 10951 times)

Mary G

Re: Help. Is this because of Utrogestan?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 07:38:49 PM »

GRL and Puddlesmum, not having to go anywhere near Utrogestan until December sounds like music to my ears!

From my experience, the effects of Utrogestan hang around in your system for a long time after you take the last capsule - one member who has now left felt the effects of it for weeks.  The side effects are much less when it is used vaginally but it still has a drag down effect.  I find it has a cumulative effect which kicks in at about day 3 and the longer I take it, the worse it gets and it takes ages to finally rid myself of it.

Having a good long run on Oestrogel only should really help and hopefully give you a real lift. 

By the way, I am severely intolerant to all types of synthetic progesterone used in HRT and to high doses of Utrogestan but I never suffered from PMS so it does not necessarily follow.

Good luck to you both and please keep us posted!

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 07:49:35 PM »

Hi Mary, lovely to hear from you again.

I am quite shocked at how severely I have reacted to Utro this month. But, I'd been fine, then took first Utro a week last Tuesday, and woke on the Wednesday feeling really crap.

But the real horrors started 3 days after stopping, and my bleed arrived. Then yesterday and today have been.evil. I checked back in my mood diary, and this has happened before. With a really nasty dip 4 days after stopping Utro.

Is there no way you could stretch to a 3 month cycle of Utro?

Interesting that you never had PMS? I assumed that was a given if you're progesterone intolerant during peri?

puddlesmum

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 08:05:29 PM »

I think the only thing I don't understand is why would some months (pre BHRT) I would sail through. It would be like 2 months I'd go through hell, then 3 months no problem, then back to 1 month of hell and 1 month no problem?  Was I just not making enough of my own progesterone during those times?

I'm still feeling the effects on day 5 of my period (I really hope it doesn't hang on too long as I have things to do and this always puts pay to everything for me). Was trying to find out what the half life of Utro was but gave up as I couldn't get a definitive answer.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 08:10:10 PM »

Puddle you might have anovulatory cycles where you don't ovulate but still have a bleed?

Mary G

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 08:11:20 PM »

GRL, I would love to be able to take Utrogestan every 3 months but I shed automatically once my lining gets to 7mm - my gynaecologist and I have sussed this out from my scans which I have to have regularly.  We also worked out that when I use two pumps of Oestrogel everyday, I get to nearly 7mm between 5 and 6 weeks from my last period.  Therefore, I now take 100mg Utrogestan (vaginally) for 7 days every 5 weeks - in other words, I take myself to the brink!  I'm afraid it's either that or a hysterectomy for me but I am lucky that she is prepared to help me with this.

My problem with Utro are migraines and low mood and I can have these symptoms while I am actually taking them or sometimes at the beginning of a period so that goes to show how long it hangs around in your system.  How I wish there was an alternative.

I do hope this regime works for you, I think you have suffered so much you really do deserve a break. 

puddlesmum

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 08:11:39 PM »

Well I don't seem to have that mucus that people say about when they ovulate. I think I've had it twice in a year.  Never really had it at all apart from in my teens. 

Niamh

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 08:13:59 AM »

Hi GRL, Mary G and Puddlesmum!

I realise this is an old post but I was searching about utro and half life and found this post. You're both patients of Studd as am I (GRL we've chatted before as have similar backgrounds) and do well on his regime except for the utro. I'm so severely intolerant to prog I'm struggling to even take the 7 days per month. I'm currently feeling so awful last dose was on Monday night and  still so low, anxious,snappy, atrocious disrupted sleep and now period pain brewing. I'm wondering how you're both doing and how long it takes you to feel better? I have 2 little boys so it's hellish tbh

What are you both now taking?

Studd has let me skip months in the past and I see him in Jan next. I'm now on his recommendation proceeding with a hyster referral via my GP I see no alternative....I shall be asking him in the meantime what I do as I can't be poisoned like this monthly :( my own cycle has now been suppressed even though I only use 2 pumps...this does mean no more pmt, pnd etc but what are we meant to do when we're so severely intolerant to progesterone?!! He tried me on provera but within 48 hours had to stop it made me do ill (he agreed this).

Hope you're both doing ok... I did giggle about your views on Studd, totally agree he is a character but really very sweet!
Nx
Pages: 1 [2]