Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hand Holding Needed (Again)....!  (Read 4460 times)

Tempest

Re: Hand Holding Needed (Again)....!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 07:30:17 PM »

Oh, justjules and CLKD! If only we had the magic answer for anxiety! It's the pits, isn't it? Mine is stratospheric this evening as I've had Hubby here on hols for over 2 weeks, and he goes back to work tomorrow. I'm going to try to do my very best to keep distracted! Wish me luck....... :o

Hello, Rhiner! Thank you so much for stopping by and for your very kind words of encouragement and support. I am so very glad that you are doing better on the Oestrodot! I rarely get to 'meet' other ladies who have had an oopherectomy too here so it's good to connect - we have a particularly tough time, don't we? Given that our menopause is so much more traumatic, you would think we would get decent help and support. Um, NOPE! It really is a total disgrace, and like you I had to initially refer myself to a menopause clinic, and then Hubby had to complain formally so that I was able to see a Menopause Consultant.

Will you be asking for testosterone too when you have the estrogen levels stable and the Utrogestan on board? I have read much that says this is the 'missing link' for us ladies which improves mood and energy (as well as libido, which is what you seemingly have to 'officially' request it for as it's the indication for prescribing it on the NHS. Despite the fact that the missing T does so much more)!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 07:34:11 PM »

I HATE it when Himself is away.  For several years I was OK and the anxiety was low, until he went abroad - for 8 days, I went into panic mode within 48 hours and crawled to the GP Surgery ……..  :'(  Since then it's been problematic ……..  :sigh:

Rhiner

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 08:10:45 PM »

Hi again Tempest, I will see how I feel on the uteri first and if I feel OK then I will manage without the testosterone.  Its a real shame that we have to take the progesterone element as I feel very good now that the oestrogen is pretty settled.  It is good to have contact with someone in a similar situation, although I was fortunately given HRT after 2 weeks. But it takes a fair amount of time for the oestrogen to build up in your system once you are totally depleted. The other big effect that kicked in for me was insomnia around one week post op,  never experienced this before and had to take low dose amitriptyline for a few weeks until my oestrogen levels rose. I thought I would never reach normality again!
Good luck, Rhiner

Justjules

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 08:47:18 PM »

Hi Tempest. How did your appointment with the Cardiologist go?

Try and plan something nice to do once your hubby has gone off to work. Can you book a massage or go for a manicure or something? x

Tempest

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 07:37:06 PM »

Thank you so much, Rhiner! Yes, insomnia is still a huge issue for me. If I can get a switch to transdermal again at some point, I'd like to try to add in Amitriptyline again as it used to work for me in the past (I actually used to take it as it has antihistamine qualities for my severe allergies on the advice of my Anaphylaxis Consultant). Good luck to you too, and do keep me posted as to how you're doing. xxx

Justjules, thank you for asking! I was going to do a wee update on my Cardiology appointment. It went very well, the Cardiologist is lovely gentleman! He is extremely confident that the anomaly on the Cardiac Perfusion Screen is a flare caused by the alignment of one of my breasts - as my heart is otherwise very healthy on the screen, he says he can confidently say this (he also asked a colleague for a second opinion). Apparently, this is something that is thrown up on the scans and is unique to our female anatomy (another reason why it's great to be female)!!! >:(

This is great news!! I am now awaiting a whole barrage of blood test results, particularly the B12 as both my Mum and Grandmother developed Pernicious Anaemia around the age I am now. I didn't realise the relevance of this until I spoke to my Aunt who now lives in South Africa a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, the females on my Mum's side are notorious for having a horrendous time during menopause - my aunt was diagnosed with MS at this time and also developed multiple dermatological allergies.

Sad to say, but as Mum and my Grandmother have been gone a good many years now, I have no female relatives that I can speak to regularly for advice and information. I was glad to be able to speak to my Aunt, but we don't manage to keep in touch too much due to her living in SA. She was able to tell me a lot more about my Mum's problems in particular, as although I remember too well her battle with cancer, I was only 19 when she passed away so I didn't know about a lot of the other issues she endured to any great degree.

This is why I find this forum such a great comfort. It's wonderful to be able to chat to other ladies, and helps me to feel so much less alone. So thank you to all of you for your help and kindness! xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 10:09:24 PM »

:bighug:  in generally we're a great bunch ;-)

Menom: he copes. 

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 11:28:08 PM »

Hello Tempest my lovely

So glad you're getting your B12 tested, many on the forum I'm on have been diagnosed with MS which later turned out to be pernicious anaemia (without being below range) lack of b12 ruins the myelin sheath which must be connected to MS, it's all too in depth for my poor old brain to absorb but I do get interested as similar things are happening to me, many which are like MS (my daughter is convinced I have MS bless her)

Anyway, I'm babbling but can't get across what I mean but investigate ALL your results when you get them as my b12 was just under range but my mean cell volume, MCH and red blood cell counts were all above/below range indicating a strong drficiency.  Nhs don't routinely test the level of active b12, just the serum which isn't a great help as it doesn't say how much is at the crucial cell level

Much love
Annie x

Justjules

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2016, 07:19:05 PM »

Tempest, glad all went well, that's one you can tick off your list at least!  Hope your blood tests go okay now. Sometimes don't you almost wish they would find something just so we can sort it and move on??!  x

Tempest

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2016, 07:46:07 PM »

Thank you justjules! Oh yes, absolutely!!!! :o
Pages: 1 [2]