Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Holiday, suncream and oestrogel  (Read 2679 times)

Ljp

Holiday, suncream and oestrogel
« on: September 08, 2016, 11:09:20 AM »

I'm off on holiday next week to Spain for 10 days  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I previously asked regarding applying suncream after oestrogel, as I usually apply my oestrogel in the morning after my shower.

I came to the conclusion that changing application to early evening before going to dinner might be better while away.

Will it be ok to go from morning application the day before I go, to early evening the day I arrive with nothing?

Liz

Re: Holiday, suncream and oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 04:28:14 PM »

I'm interested to hear any advice too, as I'm off next Wednesday to Menorca for a week.  Also apply my gel in the morning (mind you, I did still do this last year and it seemed OK).
Have a good holiday!

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 08:37:11 PM »

Thanks Liz, you too!
I just thought rather than having to wait an hour or more before putting suncream on top of oestrogel, that it might be best to put oestrogel on early evening before dinner, but just a bit concerned about the day I change times, whether it will,affect me, and the same when I return, with less time between applications

DEG

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 08:44:20 PM »

I have just come back from hols and kept my usual morning routine. I got up a little earlier and applied. I think it's ok after an hour but I made sure mine was a couple of hours.

I think because I was only a few weeks in of starting Estrogel it made a difference as I have to apply in evening too, that the sun cream acted as a barrier even though I washed it off thoroughly. I think maybe I used to high factor on that area. I had a couple of wobbly days where I felt the Estrogel hadn't worked. In the end I didn't use sun cream on my inner thighs and kept it out the sun.

Have a lovely holiday

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 09:58:05 PM »

My inner thighs never see the sun so don't think there would be a problem!  Crikey, the mind boggles  :D