Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: progesterone sensitivity days after stopping?  (Read 1560 times)

da66

progesterone sensitivity days after stopping?
« on: September 08, 2016, 07:23:48 AM »

I had a bad reaction to elleste duet conti last week - severe thrush, mad mood swings. I stopped it on monday after only taking for 3 days. On monday I felt fine - almost a bit elated actually and it felt like a swing back up, Tuesday I was utterly exhausted, yesterday felt much more like normal but this morning woke up feeling really low and started crying straight away. Could my mood still be swinging around 3 days after stopping? It feels like that's what's happening (or maybe I'm just fed up with feeling rubbish).

Dancinggirl

Re: progesterone sensitivity days after stopping?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 10:24:31 AM »

You have probably thrown your system out by stopping the progesterone without taking it for the full 12 days.
The progesterone in Elleste is quite strong and doesn't suit everyone.  I hope you have stopped taking the oestrogen as well? You should perhaps try Femoston 1/10 as the progesterone in this is kinder and may suit you better.  The thrush would not be because of the progesterone (though sometimes vaginal flora dose change with hormone changes) - thrush is a yeast infection usually caused by bacteria from the bowels and because oestrogen deficiency makes us drier in the vaginal area we become more prone to thrush and bacteria vaginitis.  Try using some Sylk or Multi Gyn Actigel daily fro a while to help restore the natural balance in the vaginal area. Once one has been on HRT for around 3-6 months you will notice that the natural vaginal secretions should return. Sometimes local oestrogen e.g. Vagifem will really help to keep the vaginal area healthier.  DG x

da66

Re: progesterone sensitivity days after stopping?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 08:57:31 PM »

Yes it's all in a oner and have stopped completely. Thanks DG!