Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hair loss help please!!!  (Read 2097 times)

riverrunsfree

Hair loss help please!!!
« on: September 06, 2016, 07:02:48 PM »

Hi All

Had the mother of all bleeds in March..Ferritin went to 4 became anaemic and suffered stress. since then also took norethisterone to halt another bleed. This drug was the nail in the hair coffin and from April to August became bald on top.

Help..need reassurrance. I am so down. I just want others to be aware that the testosterrone that gets activated with fall in hormones, Norethisterone and cortisol through stress is hair hell. I am devastated especially as I work in presentation training and feel appalling standing there with patchy hair.
If any of you are going through this I send you so much love. It is so so tough mentally.

My strategy is this....build ferritin, no progesterone that has a high testosterone content (my doctor has researched this and Femoston has the hair friendly type) L Lysine (1000mg) this deactivates the DHT that makes hair fall. Also just paid 50 quid (which hurt) on phillip kingsley hair tonic drops that are used daily.

Anyone had success growing hair back. I need a positive example of hair recovery out there!!! What worked??
 Riverrunsfree xxx

Janice68

Re: Hair loss help please!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 07:21:58 PM »

Hiya riverrunsfree, oh bless you my dear sorry I can't help as such. But my hair is thinning too. In the past I have been on hrt and most of it caused by the progesterone part  it used to make my hair  worse. I've stopped hrt but i still shed hair not as bad since I've stopped hrt but it still continue.
I take a menopause supplement with all the vitamins including top ups of iron and vitamin D.
I do feel for you it must be so destressing for you. Sounds like you have a good doc there? Has she checked thyroid?
Stress causes so much to our bodies I know!!
Others will be along I'm sure to help!!
Let us no how you get on?
Janx

riverrunsfree

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 07:35:17 PM »

Thank you Jan..that is so kind of you. I do hope your shedding stops...my thyroid is good. Do you happen to remember the HRT you were on? xx

Janice68

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 08:01:28 PM »

The progesterone I've been on was the Norethisterone and utrogestan and mirena coil the first two were worst for me.
Janx