Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Low mood, feel flat, why?  (Read 8217 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Low mood, feel flat, why?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 07:28:24 PM »

More kids at 40+  :-\ ……..

The bladder will feel irritated if there isn't enough local VA treatment, so using every night may be necessary to ease symptoms!

Ljp

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 08:37:07 PM »

"I am only 42 and I can't believe I'm having to battle with all these problems. Some of my friends are still pondering more kids and there's me not even able to have sex as it's too painful.."

Big hugs Saffy! It is difficult knowing what to do for the best xx I have a new estring in my cupboard so I do have it to use, but maybe I will up the oestrogel a bit.
Do you get relief using estring?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 09:10:27 PM »

Ljp - the Estring really won't give you a boost of oestrogen systemically - if you vaginal or bladder problems are not under control then go back to using the Estring.  You are still young so upping your Oestrogel a little won't be a problem or more risky.  Finding a level of oestrogen that works for you is trial and error - however, if your flushes etc are basically under control then stick with what you are doing -  we all get times of low mood, fatigue, irritability etc.  I think when we are menopausal we just notice this more. 

Please don't forget everyone - the weather is unusually humid at the moment and EVERYONE, not just meno ladies, are feeling hot and sweaty right now.

DG x

saffy123

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 09:16:23 PM »

"I am only 42 and I can't believe I'm having to battle with all these problems. Some of my friends are still pondering more kids and there's me not even able to have sex as it's too painful.."

Big hugs Saffy! It is difficult knowing what to do for the best xx I have a new estring in my cupboard so I do have it to use, but maybe I will up the oestrogel a bit.
Do you get relief using estring?

Thank you Ljp, the Estring has had some effect on the VA.... less burning, but only limited effect on bladder, though any improvement I'm grateful for. Unfortunately my GP's were useless in diagnosing my problems (they said I was too young to be peri), so I think my issues could take a while to resolve as they were left so long.

I have found since using the Estring my anxiety/mood has improved so that was an added bonus  ;) I have also gone back to 2 pumps of estrogel xx

Ljp

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 09:36:23 PM »

Thanks DG, maybe I'm best to stick with 2 pumps and no estring then and hope things settle?

Saffy, if your bladder is an issue, and not settling with estring, I can definitely recommend vesicare, it's made a massive difference for me x

saffy123

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 09:52:16 PM »

Thanks DG, maybe I'm best to stick with 2 pumps and no estring then and hope things settle?

Saffy, if your bladder is an issue, and not settling with estring, I can definitely recommend vesicare, it's made a massive difference for me x

Yes I might give that a try...I did have a urodynamic investigation done, which ruled out overactive bladder, but I'm willing to try anything. Have you had any unwanted side effects from the vesicare? xx

Ljp

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 09:39:59 AM »

I take my vesicare tablet at night, incase it were to cause any drowsiness, the only side effect I've notice is a dry throat first thing in the morning, but other than that only positive effects 😊
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 08:31:19 PM by Ljp »

saffy123

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 07:32:33 PM »

I take my beau are tablet at night, incase it were to cause any drowsiness, the only, side effect I've notice is a dry throat first thing in the morning, but other than that only positive effects 😊

Thanks Ljp, have added this to my list of things to try....xx

Ljp

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2016, 08:33:15 PM »

There are tablets called Urostemol available exclusively at boots for bladder issues, made with pumpkin seed oil.
If you google it, you can have a read up 😊
Pages: 1 [2]