Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hi newbie needing help!  (Read 2235 times)

Seriously12

Hi newbie needing help!
« on: September 06, 2016, 12:35:35 AM »

Hi there,

I've joined the site because I've just had the most horrendous period. I'm 47 in December and have had lots of symptoms that were put down to anxiety for a few years now. I've had vertigo, creeping sensation on my head and face, migraines, joint aches, insomnia, panic attacks!! I have had fairly ok periods over this time, some heavier than others and late periods but nothing so bad I couldn't deal with it. Over the past year or so I've begun to have hot flashes during the day - unpleasant but again not unbearable. At the end of July I had period pain when I was due but had a really light period, brown then red then brown, then a weird discharge. This went on for about 10 days. The last week I had awful cramps and began the most horrendous bleeding. I flooded through a tampon, pad and chair at a restaurant. It was terrible. The pains were like labour pains. This was six days ago and I'm still bleeding although it isn't as heavy as it was. I think I'm looking for reassurance that this could be perimenopause. I had never heard of heavy periods associated with "the change" all I'd heard about were the hot flushes. Id be grateful to hear what you think? Thank you  :)

Ms Saucy

Re: Hi newbie needing help!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 05:47:24 AM »

Hi there.
I'm no expert and others will be along with advice.
My periods we horrendous in peri meno and heavy with clots and flooding.
Go steady and I send my hugs
Ms Saucy xx

Seriously12

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 03:19:22 PM »

Hi

Thank you both for your replies :-)
It's reassuring to hear that you've experienced something similar (although I wish none of us had to suffer it!)
I'm day 7 of my period today and had no blood until lunchtime 😢. I honestly thought it had stopped so was disappointed when it started up again - although it's nowhere near as heavy as it was, it's like a normal period. I just feel tired and headachey. I'm back to work tomorrow and dreading it as I've been having afternoon sleeps for the last few weeks! How does everyone cope with work with these horrible symptoms??

Seriously12

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 04:53:34 PM »

Hi

I thought I'd wait and see what next months period is like. Unfortunately, I have a big fear of going to the GP and avoid it at all costs. I'm on escitalopram for anxiety and have to go to get my prescription so I may mention it then :-)