Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Pattern in moods on HRT - is this possible? Help needed!  (Read 1514 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Pattern in moods on HRT - is this possible? Help needed!
« on: September 04, 2016, 08:06:17 AM »

Hello all
Can I ask for opinions on this please? For the last 3 and a half months, I've been on evorel sequi.  I have had high and lows as anyone would on a normal month. Some days I really have felt fantastic and better than I have for years and others crying for no reason.

As you do I had been trying to search for a pattern and whether I felt better on the oestrogen or progesterone.  I always felt a bit pmt like when first taking the Combi side, then had real downess when stopping the combi patch, which was totally okay with me.  But I always felt that there was something else going and couldn't quite put my finger on it.  I had the concentrating on whether I had been on the oestrogen or combi side but now when I look at the actual dates, it's thrown up something else.
Approximately every 30 days, irrespective of where I am in my HRT cycle, I have a bad spell for 5 days!   Can someone tell me if this actually possible? I'm peri and have been missing periods for 6 years and am 45.  This is a daft question but if I am not having my own cycle because of peri, can I still be having a sort of silent cycle in the background that doesn't produce a bleed?
Please let me know your thoughts? As this will help me make my next move? I'm seeing my gyny tomorrow!

dangermouse

Re: Pattern in moods on HRT - is this possible? Help needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 08:23:01 AM »

I would say for sure you'll have your own hormone fluctuations going on in the background. Even my aunt who is in her late 70s says she still gets PMT time every month!

I had it clearly when I was on the pill as well with much stronger fluctuations than from the exogenous hormones.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »

Hi Dangermouse - I could kiss you!

You have absolutely nailed on why I feel like I do. You mentioned time of the month, and it is exactly that, my time of the month without the period!

I read your reply - and went to search for my diary to look at my last natural period in February this year. Low and behold, bang on every 30 days, I am having horrible PMT. I couldn't understand why on earth I was having these dips mid month, I was beginning to think that I didn't like the oestrogen, but now it makes total sense.

Looking at my mood diary, it makes total sense. I was having time of the month twice in one month, one HRT driven and the other my own.  But I'd got myself wrapped up in whether it was the oestrogen Or the combi patch that was causing and of course, could see no pattern at all.

Now I've spotted what happening, what do I do about it? Move my HRT to match my own cycle or take something stronger that overrides my own fluctuations?

Thanks again xxx

dangermouse

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 11:48:38 PM »

Yes, its great when suddenly things all slot in and make sense isn't it!

I did use different strengths of the pill to top up natural dips in my own cycle but I'm not sure if it works with transdermal HRT, as I think pills are more stable. However, it's certainly worth a try!

Over-riding your own hormones may be simpler though if you can effect that with the higher dose patches.