Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Climesse no longer available  (Read 6516 times)

Pennyfarthing

Climesse no longer available
« on: September 05, 2016, 12:59:01 PM »

Put my prescription in recently and surgery rang me today to tell me that Climesse is off the prescription list now so I have to await call from HRT nurse tomorrow to see what else she can offer me. 

ITs a shame because it really suited me and I've been on it some time with no problems.

Anybody else know about this?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Climesse no longer available
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 01:13:54 PM »

Nope.  You could ring a Pharmacist or send an e-mail to the Manufacturer to find out?  It may be it's not available in the UK because the NHS won't pay for it!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 03:15:15 PM »

Seen HRT nurse and she just said it was something to do with the manufacturer. No other firm makes exactly the same so we agreed that I would go on Kliofem 2mg estradiol/1 mg norethisterone.

Climesse is 2 mg estradiol/0.7 norethisterone so it's half the dose. She says too much oestrogen is not good for me.  She tried me on this a year ago but I didn't feel good on it .... Hot and sweaty again but she says we are a year down the line and maybe this time it will suit better. Let's see how it goes.

Lanzalover

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 03:42:08 PM »

Hope it helps

Lanzalover

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 09:16:03 PM »

Apparnelty too some Pharmacists were due to close due to the Government of the Day  not supporting them, so if so, maybe they simply aren't re-ordering?!?

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 02:56:39 PM »

Don't want to speak too soon but ..... So far so good with the lower dose HRT.  :)

Lanzalover

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 06:33:59 PM »

That's good to hear long may it continue.

Lanzalover x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 03:17:40 PM »

That's good to hear long may it continue.

Lanzalover x

THanks.  STill doing ok.

ShoB

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 01:27:08 PM »

I was taking Climesse and it suited me. My doctor has sent me a prescription for Premarin instead. I thought it was odd as it didn't contain progesterone. Just read the leaflet and it's for women who have had a hysterectomy. I'm fuming. Do you recommend the kilofen as an alternative?

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 08:56:20 PM »

Oh no - not another ignorant doc! It is very scary how some are prescribing these treatments without understanding what they do and what they are for. Unless you have a Mirena coil or do not have a womb then you definitely need an HRT preparation with a progestogen in it otherwise you are at risk from endometrial thickening, heavy bleeding and potentially cancer if left long enough.

If this is the case (wrong prescription) then you really should complain as this is malpractice and the doc needs to know his/her error.

Yes Kliofem will be fine as it contains the same progestogen as Climesse (which I presume you were OK with?) - if you were on the 2 mg dose before - otherwise it would be Kliovance. Don't be fobbed off with Premique which is horse oestrogens and different progestogen.

Please let us know the outcome of your re-prescription with the doc and hopefully you will be able to get this done urgently?

Hurdity x

ShoB

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 12:16:27 PM »

Thank you for your reply. I emailed the surgery and requested the Kliofem. They have prescribed this now but I can't believe doctors just pick the first (and probably cheapest) HRT they find without checking if it's appropriate 😡 Xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 08:23:48 PM »

Glad to hear this ShoB - but just shows we have to be on our toes eh?!

Good luck with the replacement (Kliofem) and hope it does the job for you :)

Hurdity x