Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Should I increase gel?  (Read 1599 times)

Liz

Should I increase gel?
« on: November 06, 2016, 07:49:02 AM »

I'm currently on 1 pump gel (peri, I think, aged 48)...... I've started waking up in the night with sweats during the past week.  Last night I woke up twice....... I'm wondering if 1 pump gel isn't working for me anymore, perhaps I'm getting further into meno?  Debating an increase to 2 pumps and if so, is it better to split the dose?  Thanks x

Dancinggirl

Re: Should I increase gel?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 10:24:33 AM »

Try increasing by a small amount - say half an extra pump per day for the next couple of weeks to see if this helps.  It can only be approximate but I never used a full 2 pumps per day, I used one full pump plus about a half - you can always drop back to one if need be. The ability to adjust the dosage is one of the advantages of Oestrogel - just don't chop and change how much you use or you will never know what is actually the right amount. DG x

Liz

Re: Should I increase gel?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 05:26:57 PM »

Try increasing by a small amount - say half an extra pump per day for the next couple of weeks to see if this helps.  It can only be approximate but I never used a full 2 pumps per day, I used one full pump plus about a half - you can always drop back to one if need be. The ability to adjust the dosage is one of the advantages of Oestrogel - just don't chop and change how much you use or you will never know what is actually the right amount. DG x

Thanks Dg, I just need to get the night sweating under control again.  It's been making me feel very groggy the past week.  Will try and extra half pump and see if it works.