Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Getting plumper  (Read 1977 times)

doingmyheadin!!

Getting plumper
« on: September 05, 2016, 04:45:39 PM »

Hi  All
have had a Mirena coil fitted for nearly 6months now and for 5 of them months have also taken Oestragel started on 2pumps a day for first month then am managing better on 1pump applied to thighs in the evening. The last month and a half I have had what appears to be 2 normal cycles with slight bleed for 5 to 6 days and all the old symptoms that I had when I was younger...mood swings, pmt....but in the last month have put on half a stone and my stomach looks like I am 5months pregnant !!! Which i defo am not....So why the weight gain ? Is it the combo of Oestrogen and Progesterone continuously (even though its small amounts).
I do remember when I was younger that the combined pill made me gain weight. So I changed to the Progesterone only pill which suited me much better. But I can't just survive on the Mirena only as Im having sweats and joint pain and trouble sleeping....so I need the Oestragel.
I am feeling well on the current regime but am totally fed up with the weight.  I do eat a healthy diet and exercise 4times a week...I really don't want this to be an issue but its getting me down...has anybody got any wise words or similar problems or can offer any advise......thank you

Dancinggirl

Re: Getting plumper
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 05:15:24 PM »

I'm afraid weight gain as we go into meno is quite normal whether we are on HRT or not.  We simply have to reduce the amount we eat, eat the right things and take more exercise to keep our weight under control.  Our metabolism slows down a lot in our 50s and 60s so cut out all nibbles between meals, reduce sugar as much as possible and simply eat smaller portions.  If you can do brisk 30 mins walks each day that is great and/or join a dance/pilates/yoga class if possible.
The horrid thing is - the weigh all sits round our middles :-X   DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Getting plumper
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 12:16:31 PM »

Is it weight gain?  I haven't put on any extra but my apron dropped 2 years ago  >:( due to a drop in oestrogen levels.  'middle aged spread' does exist  :bang: …….. I can now pinch and inch  :sigh:

:welcomemm: