Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Books  (Read 10488 times)

Pennyfarthing

Re: Books
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 12:10:04 PM »

Pennyfarthing, perhaps you're found a new career writing for Mills and Boone!  ;D
;) you never know!!  ;D

Cazikins

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 01:47:33 PM »

Hi Annie, I am a huge fan of Maeve Binchey & gutted when she died a few years ago as I had only just got into her books. I've read all of them now I think apart from the short story ones.

I have found Margaret Dickinson to be quite good, she's easy to read at night in bed (as I do). They usually tell the story of a young womans life in the late 1800's through to the 1900's. It then carries on with her children's lives in another book, they all have a struggle to get a decent life.

Cazi x

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 03:48:21 PM »

Hi Cazi

It's so sad Maeve Binchy isn't around to write more, each book in her collection I struggled to put the book down, I felt I was there living the story, I guess that's when you know you've hit the jackpot with an author

I've ordered a book by Cathy Kelly to see, but will look up your suggestion

Thank you

Annie x

dulciana

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 08:46:21 PM »

Oops! Misread your post Dulciana! Sorry! You don't read murder, blood curdling stuff. I read that you did. Now shall I blame that on eyesight, meno, or just lazy reading?  ;D

;D Don't worry, Ju Ju! 

dulciana

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 07:19:46 PM »

Just got a couple of books online - Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights" and Rosamunde Pilchers' "Wild Mountain Thyme" - which arrived today.  Good.  Time to curl up with one of these, and a cuppa....

Annie0710

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 07:37:25 PM »

Just got a couple of books online - Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights" and Rosamunde Pilchers' "Wild Mountain Thyme" - which arrived today.  Good.  Time to curl up with one of these, and a cuppa....

Enjoy !

Annie x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 03:08:30 PM »

I love buying new books and receiving them in the post. I love the excitement, the smell and the anticipation!  I don't do kindles etc as I love books so much.

I was at a car boot this morning and bought 2 paperback novels for 50p each, a lovely book  on beaded knits, Lorraine Pascalls Baking Made Easy in mint condition £18.99 for 50p and a mint condition book on kids birthday cakes for my friend who does just this. 50p as well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 05:04:23 PM »

I bought some at a Fair yesterday ……..
Pages: 1 [2]