Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan vaginally  (Read 1700 times)

Michelle46

Utrogestan vaginally
« on: September 02, 2016, 12:51:37 PM »

Hi ladies
I take 100mg of utrogestan for 12 days of the month. I think I've mentioned on here that I find I feel strange when taking it. I know a lot of ladies use it vaginally with fewer side effects. I saw my doctor today and said about using them vaginally, she hadn't really heard about this way (even though she's meant to be clued up on this). She said for me to ask on here about it. She did say they are probably not licenced in the UK,but if it was used by others she would be ok with it. Is it the same utrogestan tablets you swallow that you use vaginally? She did mention the mirena coil but I am not keen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tinkerbell

Re: Utrogestan vaginally
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 01:51:11 PM »

I saw a private meno doctor and she said I could use it vaginally and it is the same stuff.
I didn't get on with it that way though, side effects were awful so ended up going the Mirena route.

clare663

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 02:53:27 PM »

Hi Michelle46. It is not licensed in the Uk to use virginally but I take the ones perscribed for oral use and I use them virginally and dont get any problems with them. I tend to use one of those pill poppers for animals to get it in far enough as when doing it myself I didnt feel that it was going up far enough!!I also do it at bed time to reduce the risk of it coming out.

Michelle46

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 05:08:49 PM »

Hi Tinkerbell
How do you get on with the coil?

Michelle46

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 05:11:19 PM »

Thanks Clare
I think I'm going to give it a go. I wonder what else I could use to put it up there  ::)

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 06:34:19 PM »

Michelle.... I have only had the Mirena since April.  I have had constant scanty spotting since it was inserted, mind you have had none for the past week..so hoping it has settled. Apart from that I have no other side effects.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 06:36:31 PM »

I used a Canestan thrush treatment applicator.