Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 're. Hot flushes  (Read 2042 times)

Katejo

're. Hot flushes
« on: September 01, 2016, 02:31:35 AM »

I haven't been bothered too much by these up until now. I have had them but mildly. Over the past few days I have had periods of feeling hot for several hours at A time and then it calms down only to return a few hours later. I am not sure whether I am ill with something or whether it could be a new version of flushes? I am not on HRT.
My periods stopped 2.5 years  ago. I have  also got intermittent  stomach pain on the left side just below the ribs. This might just be stress as that always starts there but I am not convinced.
Am a bit worked up at the moment and this isn't helping.

Update: I have now decided that I may have a UTI because I felt worse as the night progressed and have that feeling of needing the loo. Have fortunately managed to get a GP appointment later this morning.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:34:43 AM by Katejo »

Dorothy

Re: 're. Hot flushes
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 09:11:20 AM »

Hope it goes well at the doctors.  Let us know how you get on.  It could just be a variation on hot flushes, but combined with the stomach pain, you are wise to get it checked out.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 09:45:35 AM »

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell Katejo.

Hot flushes do wax and wane though - mine came and went as my hormones surged up and down , and I had times when I felt just hot, and others when I had full blown flushes and sweats - unfortunately that seems to be how it goes....always good to get persistent pain investigated though too.

Hope you get sorted out at the docs!

Hurdity x

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 01:15:53 PM »

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell Katejo.

Hot flushes do wax and wane though - mine came and went as my hormones surged up and down , and I had times when I felt just hot, and others when I had full blown flushes and sweats - unfortunately that seems to be how it goes....always good to get persistent pain investigated though too.

Hope you get sorted out at the docs!

Hurdity x

Yes i did get to see the doctor and now have antibiotics to take. Glad I saw him because he was helpful on a different issue. Showed him my wrist and he was pretty sure that it was only a sprain.  Hadn't seen him before so asked if he was new. Retired but returned to cover gaps.

Unfortunately I don't seem to be responding to the antibiotic. Trimethroprim  has worked for me before but not this time. Thinking of going to the out of hours GP service today but I suppose they won't be able to do an effective urine test.
There has to be a psychosomatic element to this because I only get these symptoms just before I am due to go on holiday or while I am away.
This one was different because I got stomach ache and temperature before any actual discomfort/frequency of going to the loo.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 06:01:30 AM by Katejo »