Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti  (Read 3181 times)

Twiglet58

Evorel Conti
« on: September 01, 2016, 11:22:04 AM »

Hello, I've been taking Evorel conti for about 8 weeks but started to have a bleed. Is this normal? TIA Twiggy xx :'(
BTW I'm on week 4 of C25K and the patches don't stay stuck on- another reason for bleed I think????❤️
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 12:28:46 PM by Twiglet58 »

vickypk

Re: Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 12:00:57 PM »

Hi
I have been on Evorel Conti for a year.  I haven't had any bleeding but have friends that use it and they have had some bleeding.  I would let your GP know.  Hope you are okay.

xx

Twiglet58

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 02:33:50 PM »

Thank you. Do you have problems with them sticking on? X

charliegirl

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 03:47:19 PM »

Hi. Twiglet, I used to be on this but had bleeds as well, but as I was over 60 it wasnt good so had to come off it. Believe its quite common tho. X

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 07:39:16 PM »

TIA?
C25K?
Je ne comprends pas!
Please can you translate!!!

Anyway - back to the question - what was your cycle doing before you started the Evorel? It is quite normal to bleed sporadically on continuous combined HRT for the first 6 months. Maybe you had been a long time without so it took a while for the lining to build up - and it is doing so irregularly hence the bleeding. Eventually it should settle because the continuous progestogen is intended to keep the lining thin - but you will need to give it six months.

When I tried this type ( well it was sequi - but on the conti patch) I got terrible migraines - which were either to do with the norethisterone (the progestogen in the patch) or my GP said it was because it was becoming partly unstuck (as they are so large) so led to fluctuating levels of hormones - and so giving me migraines. I can see if they come unstuck and your lining has built up then the reduction in progestogen could cause it to shed.

I changed to Estradot very soon afterwards, with separate progesterone  but on a cycle) as these patches are really small and stick well and I have been stable ever since (well I think so anyway - not sure my husband would agree  ::) !).

Hurdity x

Twiglet58

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 11:33:27 AM »

Thanks everyone

TIA- thanks in advance
C25k- couch to five kilometres
(Sorry hurdity!)

I was on Evorel 50 for the last two years until Jan 2016, but was taken off it due to side effects. Didn't take anything until about 8 weeks ago when I started the Evorel conti

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 08:20:38 AM »

Bleeding is common for the first six months on a conti HRT. Some women get constant bleeding and decide to go back to sequi HRT so that they at least know when to expect a bleed. It is down as one of the side effects on the leaflet so I wouldn't worry that it means something is wrong. What side effects were you experiencing with the sequi patch and how old are you?

The Evorel patches usually stick well - do you hold them firmly in place with your palm for a minute or so?

I've never heard of C25k before either! Sounds interesting.

Taz x

Twiglet58

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »

Thanks Taz
I changed from Evorel sequi as I'd been on it for two years and didn't want the monthly period!

I've been on Evorel Conti for four months and bled three times the latest being fir the last 10 days.

I'm 53 years old xx

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 11:01:07 PM »

It is one of the common side effects of a conti HRT to have random bleeding episodes for the first six months.

I wondered what the side effects of the sequi regime were but it seems as if you were referring to the monthly bleed?  I feel it will be worth persevering with the conti if you want to avoid the bleed as the bleeding should settle down once you get to the six month mark. Not sure what to recommend re the sticking problem  :-\

Taz x

flossie fiddler

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 11:22:40 PM »

Hi Twiglet. My story is similar to yours, been on Conti for just over 6 months after being on Sequi for 2 years. Was bleeding 3 weeks out of 4 on Sequi. Had lots of tests, but nothing showed up, so then moved onto Conti. I'm 51.

Bled for 1st 4 months, but now bleeding is slowing down to just brown discharge every couple weeks. Doc not happy though, so 2 years after first set of tests I'm having same tests again tomorrow.

I'm pleased she's being thorough, and am having any tests that are thrown at me, but hoping the slowing of bleeding is a good sign. Everything else about Conti totally agrees with me and I feel fab.

Give it some time, but tell your doc what's happening.