Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi everyone 😃  (Read 1330 times)

MoodyMaud

Hi everyone 😃
« on: September 01, 2016, 02:29:15 PM »

Hi just thought I'd say hello I'm 45 and been having horrible hot flushes for about a week now periods were regular until about 2 months ago and now they are about every 6 weeks so I'm thinking have I hit the mid-life journey? Would so welcome some tips to beat these awful flushes. Also feel quite funny inside don't know really how to describe it  :o

Debbie x

dazned

Re: Hi everyone 😃
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 03:30:20 PM »

Hello and  :welcomemm:

Good to have you join us.

Do have a good read around if you haven't already. You will find there are lots of different ways and views on tackling every symptom under the sun  ;)
The trick is finding one that suits you personally.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 04:37:59 PM »

Hi Moodymaud

:welcomemm: from me too.

I put up with flushes and sweats for a while and also tried various remedies to try to control them. As my hormones went up and down my flushes came and went but eventually when my periods became very far apart they stayed for good so like many of us on here - I started HRT ( at age almost 54) and have never looked back. Now 63 and still on it....perhaps something to consider as you get further along the road to menopause.

Lifestyle measures can help some women in the meantime - stopping smoking, reducing weight, alcohol and caffeine  can all help to minimise the worst effects of flushes for a while for some women in the early stages.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 04:52:59 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round, make notes.  Some ladies find that keeping a cycle/mood/food diary useful as when we feel well, we often forget to jot it down. 

Some GPs won't recognise perimenopause unless a lady is suffering hot flushes  >:( even though many other symptoms can be part of The Change. 

Ask away ……..

MoodyMaud

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 04:56:39 PM »

Thanks for the replies  ;)