Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: GP appointment today  (Read 2352 times)

Annidav

GP appointment today
« on: September 05, 2016, 08:24:25 AM »

I have an appointment shortly for three month HRT review -have no idea whether to continue with it or not....  :-\   seem to have more hot flushes since I have been on it than I did before - anxiety is a bit better but probably due to propranolol rather than HRT; get funny tummy every morning....totally confused by everything I read; totally fed up with the whole darn chapter; had to verbally fight with receptionist at GP surgery on the phone this morning as I did not want a telephone consultation - I want to see my GP for a face to face discussion in general - sorry if it isn't a medical emergency and only my whole life!!

Dancinggirl

Re: GP appointment today
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 09:33:32 AM »

What HRT are you using? Maybe you need a different HRT?  Look under TREATMENTS above  - if you are on Elleste then I'd ask for Femoston 2/10 - you may need the slightly higher dose of oestrogen? DG x

peegeetip

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 10:02:19 AM »

it maybe they put you on a low dose.

If you are on Elleste - 1/10 is considered low dose option. 2/10 is medium.

Once you get you estrogen level ok - then you can juggle to another HRT like femoston.

That way your not changing too much at once.

:-\

Michelle46

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 10:21:57 AM »

Hi fiftygirl
I totally agree with you. I'm on HRT but debating whether to come off for a bit. It has stopped the hot flushes and eased the anxiety but I take propomolol like you now so don't know what is really working. I can never get an appointment with her so I've been seeing other doctors at the surgery. She has seen that I have been seeing other doctors but advises me to see her! It takes about 6 trips to get over the point you're on about. This menopause is not at all what I was thinking it would be like. I'm trying to accept this change. I've never been to the doctors as much in my life.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 11:16:09 AM »

Have you told your GP that you are unable to book an appt with her?  GPs of course can offer slots themselves  ::)

I have woken for the last 2 weeks like it's the first day back at school  :'(

Annidav

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 11:48:04 AM »

Thanks all - I am on Elleste Duo Conti tablets 2mg - GP says things may still be settling down as only been three months and the first month was a bit of a nightmare as started on patches then changed to different patches then single dose tablets before getting on to the current tablets so she suggests continuing for the next three months to get a better idea .... my blood pressure was normal; she weighed me but made no comment about my weight  :-X; told her about the instances of crushing fatigue and the upset tummy every morning and I have to go back next week for blood tests and she is referring me about the upset tummy as she says that won't be the HRT. As she didn't comment on my weight but I know I am humungous and feel like I am getting bigger by the minute I stepped on my bathroom scales just now (horrifying) and entered the results on the page on this forum under weight gain - although I am 5'10" it tells me I am obese and at serious risk of health problems if I don't do something about it - what can I do about it??????  I have drastically cut down  on the amount I eat and actually what I do eat is pretty healthy; I do like a Gin and Tonic but other than at my 50th party I don't drink masses (and actually drank a lot of iced water at my party as my hair was soaking due to hot flushes and dancing!!) - I try not to eat too many carbs if any; don't deep fry; sorry -this is turning into a rant now....we are about to rehome a dog so I will be going out for regular walks - I haven't been to the gym in a while as need to replace the gym clothes that now seem so teeny tiny and make me wonder why I felt I needed to go the gym when I fitted in them!!!!     

Michelle46

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 12:58:41 PM »

Hi CLKD
Thankyou. I've told her that,she passes it off. Poor you,I hope things start to improve very soon xx