Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Post Hysterectomy  (Read 1406 times)

charliegirl

Post Hysterectomy
« on: September 01, 2016, 04:04:44 PM »

Hi all, some of you might know I had a hysterectomy 5 months ago. Well I have been fine and feel better for it except for hair loss, return of flushes and joint pain. I was on Livial before that, but gyne said to ride it out due to my age (Im 64) What do you guys think? Should I go back on Livial? Thanks Charliegirl.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post Hysterectomy
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 05:11:58 PM »

Ignore his comment and find a Consultant who will prescribe HRT? 'ride it out due to age' shouldn't be in the mind set of any medic out there  >:( ……..

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 05:47:56 PM »

Hi charliegirl - I was advised not to start HRT again after my hyster due to my (then) age of 60 two years ago but the flushes and pelvic floor problems became too much. I am now on a patch HRT. I'm not sure about Livial being prescribed over the age of 60 as the advice is to use a transdermal HRT to cut the risk of stroke/heart attack which is seen to be higher in a pill. It is such a confusing issue. I would ask your GP for your HRT back if it is really affecting your quality of life.

Hair loss may be due to the shock of the operation itself. The body can take quite a while to recover. I found that it was at least a year before I felt back to my normal self so it is early days. Not everyone is warned about the effect on the hair cycle but you might find this helpful http://johnowentoday.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/hair-loss-after-illness-or-surgery.html   Obviously I don't know how accurate it is.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 09:22:27 PM »

Apparently women die of heart attacks in the UK more than die of Breast Cancer  ::) - it really is emotive, really does depend on Colleges wanting research grants  :-\ ………..