Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Elleste Solo  (Read 3105 times)

JulesPat

Elleste Solo
« on: August 30, 2016, 04:51:01 PM »

Hi I have just been back to Drs who has taken me off ADs and put me on Elleste Solo to see if I am peri or just anxious.  Has anyone else been prescribed these.  All blood tests were fine but she did say that unless I was in the throws of meno then they wouldn't mean a thing. At least she listened and didn't just assume it was anxiety. Strange thing is I feel a little calmer than I did before.  :)  As they say you know your own body and I knew i wasn't feeling right.  Kept saying for a few years that I was really tired and my periods were heavy and painful. Sorry for rambling x

Annie0710

Re: Elleste Solo
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 05:04:45 PM »

Elleste solo was my first hrt, I took it by tablet and found it brilliant after my hysterectomy, then @13 years later natural peri hit me and it wasn't helping me, ironically I then tried elleste solo in patch and it gave me an awful 4 day migraine, I think it's a good hrt overall though

Annie x

dazned

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 05:09:14 PM »

What will you be using for the progesterone part or have had a hysterectomy or maybe you have mirena fitted ? Glad you felt listened to thats always a good start with GPs  ::)

JulesPat

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 05:13:29 PM »

Hi Annie0710

Thanks for you response fingers crossesd it will be ok x

JulesPat

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 05:21:07 PM »

Hi dazned

Had the coil fitted just over a year ago.

It was nice that she took the time to listen to how i was feeling.  I was not convinced that I needed ADs as my symptoms came and went and weren't continuous. I feel calmer now. I was actually having a flush when I was talking to her and she noticed that my chest was red.  It also may have been that I had to sleep with the window open which isn't something I usually do and the fact that I wake up about every couplebof hours and have to throw the covers off but don't actually have the sweats.

dazned

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 05:43:20 PM »

You are all covered then  ;)
Hopefully you should see the flushes get less now. It wont happen overnight so try and be patient  ::)
Maybe also look into your diet,exercise,and relaxation techniques,at this point in our lives we need to adapt and change too. :)

JulesPat

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 05:53:47 PM »

Hope so.  She said that they should take about 10 days if they are going to make a difference.

Usually do a lot of walking but haven't done any for a while.  Diet is ok as I am gluten free so no stodge for me  ;D