Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hot flush after eating?  (Read 2359 times)

Iris67

Hot flush after eating?
« on: August 30, 2016, 03:26:13 PM »

Hi everyone  :)

I'm new around the place and have soooo many questions. I am trying to pick apart the mass of symptoms and work out which are menopause, which are hypothyroid (yes - lucky me) and hoping none of them are something sinister....I am 49 and a breast cancer survivor

So, firstly, does anyone get hot flushes after eating? I have been getting what seems like fluctuating blood sugar, palpitations and low blood pressure, along with weird reactions to food (nothing exotic today- turkey sandwich!)

Thanks for reading
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:28:22 PM by Iris67 »

Tempest

Re: Hot flush after eating?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 03:39:42 PM »

Welcome, Iris67!

It's lovely to have you here, and also wonderful that you are a survivor!

Yes, I'm afraid all of what you mention is very common during menopause. Phew! It's not called 'the change' for nothing, is it?

Have a good browse around, and also type in any subjects in the wee search box at the top right of the page and you will be surprised to see that even what you may think is a more unusual symptom, someone is sure to have written a post about it!

We're a very friendly bunch, so ask any questions you may have as someone is usually around to help.

:welcomemm: xxxxx

Iris67

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 03:46:36 PM »

:thankyou: for your replies - yes of course those details might help....I am 49, been peri for around 8 years or so I reckon....just starting menopause but can't have any treatment because of the BC. Had triple negative, but despite it being non-hormonal the research suggests that any hormonal treatment is worse for TNBC!

Iris67

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 03:57:38 PM »

Yes it's been a long slow road.....periods are every 8-12 weeks