Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Am I being paranoid again?  (Read 3432 times)

Bcshaz

Am I being paranoid again?
« on: August 21, 2016, 03:24:53 PM »

I've previously posted on here about some things going on. My anxiety levels are sky high and I'm really struggling to keep a level head!

I've been having brown stringy discharge now for about 4 weeks.  Not much, only there when I wipe. Turned a bit red about 2 weeks ago, but not a normal period at all, although was the right time according to my calendar. Stopped for a couple of days but now come back.

I went to GP last week. She said it was just old blood. She looked at my cervix and said there was some brown discharge but it looked fine. She tried to have a feel inside but because I'm overweight she said it was pointless. Told me to come back in 2 months if still carrying on.

My health anxiety is kicking in big time. I've convinced myself I have some sort of cancer, at the minute ovarian as she couldn't feel properly. And every day I'm leaving it is taking me one day nearer an early death. My health anxiety is that bad I'm convinced something bad is going to happen. My GP knows I'm like this so a bit annoyed that I have to wait 2 months before she'll look again.   I've been googling brown discharge and it's just fuelling my anxiety more.

When I'm more rational I think logically and I'm sure I'm perimenopausal (GP 's not convinced). My husband is convinced it's hormonal. But when I'm like this there's no convincing me.....

Is brown discharge normal for this long?

Thank you to all you lovely ladies, you're all such a big help!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Am I being paranoid again?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 03:31:34 PM »

I think I answered on your other thread  :-\

Tempest

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 04:53:27 PM »

I second that they sound like peri too. However, if your GP is unable to examine you properly for whatever reason, she should damned well refer you to a Gynaecologist who can! That's ridiculous!!! I would get yourself a change of GP if possible. Go and Google any practice's near you (they all pretty much have websites), and see what services they provide and which practice you fancy. Some have nurses who provide a Well Woman service and can be extremely helpful.

And yes, Dr. Google is NOT your friend! (Spoken by one here who knows)......... ;)

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 12:55:07 PM »

I've previously posted on here about some things going on. My anxiety levels are sky high and I'm really struggling to keep a level head!

I've been having brown stringy discharge now for about 4 weeks.  Not much, only there when I wipe. Turned a bit red about 2 weeks ago, but not a normal period at all, although was the right time according to my calendar. Stopped for a couple of days but now come back.

I went to GP last week. She said it was just old blood. She looked at my cervix and said there was some brown discharge but it looked fine. She tried to have a feel inside but because I'm overweight she said it was pointless. Told me to come back in 2 months if still carrying on.

My health anxiety is kicking in big time. I've convinced myself I have some sort of cancer, at the minute ovarian as she couldn't feel properly. And every day I'm leaving it is taking me one day nearer an early death. My health anxiety is that bad I'm convinced something bad is going to happen. My GP knows I'm like this so a bit annoyed that I have to wait 2 months before she'll look again.   I've been googling brown discharge and it's just fuelling my anxiety more.

When I'm more rational I think logically and I'm sure I'm perimenopausal (GP 's not convinced). My husband is convinced it's hormonal. But when I'm like this there's no convincing me.....

Is brown discharge normal for this long?

Thank you to all you lovely ladies, you're all such a big help!

Right go on a fiet go walking use portion control.  The Gp can't feel inside you
Im slim and it took some going but my gp felt inside me for my ovaries not pleasant
Youve got yourself in to a 2 and 8 if your scared anxious see another Gp just tell
Dont ask tell go with a list of your symptoms and worries. You deserve proper treatment
Ok oh and my husband has spent the last 24 yrs saying its hormonal
Know what the old b...rs right xxxxxxxx

countrybumpkin

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 02:00:32 PM »

As suzi says.   Make appt with a different GP at the practise if you can. Explain your fears and making you wait 2 months is severely worsening your anxiety ( this will ring alarm bells with them as they will then have to record that this is worsening a mental health problem).  I would expect you to be referred for either an ultrasound scan as a first stop or maybe gyny appt - if its a gyny appt then make sure its not classes as routine and can wait 4 months.

Saying all that its almost certain that your symptoms are peri menopause - been there done that worn the t shirt and panicked for england so I totally sympathise.

I was in peri for 4 years with horrendous bleeding problems and 3 times went through all the tests including hystersocopies but every time all was well I just had awful imbalanced hormones.  It was wondeful when it all stopped! Plus my anxiety improved as well.

Bcshaz

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 06:05:19 PM »

Thank you for your replies. I have made another appointment next week to see another GP in my practice so will see what brings. I'm not a very assertive person and find it really uncomfortable demanding things etc, but will stress how much this is having an impact on my anxiety levels.

The brown discharge is still here, although today did turn more red, but has gone back to brown now. It is a bit heavier than it has been, but still not enough to show anywhere other than when I wipe (TMI). It's been nearly 6 weeks now and I am thoroughly miserable. Husband is still trying to convince me its hormones, I'm still trying to convince myself of the same! Havent slept for a full night in weeks, the sweat is literally pouring off me at night. One blessing is that I'm getting through lots of night time reading! (I work in a library and love my books!)  ;D

Dorothy

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 06:55:23 PM »

I bled almost continuously for a year once - eventually they gave me a D&C which sorted it - there was nothing wrong.  Longest I've bled since then has been a month.

Bcshaz

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 09:10:51 AM »

Update: went to see GP yesterday. She is sending me for a scan to make sure there's nothing untoward going on. Still spotting 7 weeks on. What I'm worried about is most of the time it's v.v. Light brown or red discharge. Not enough to warrant using anything really. Every few days though I get a gush of bright red that lasts for a hour or so, then goes back to brown/red smear again. I'm worried about the bright red blood as obviously it's fresh blood as opposed to old blood. I've also got some cramping the last few days, feels like something is happening, but then nothing does. Still completely fed up and Im still trying to convince myself there's nothing seriously wrong but when this has been going on for so long it's really difficult....