Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Can someone help - changed back to Premique Low Dose!  (Read 2411 times)

LesleyM00

Can someone help - changed back to Premique Low Dose!
« on: August 24, 2016, 04:57:31 PM »

Hello, this is my first post so hoping someone has some similar experience so here goes - I am 47 and have been on Premique Low Dose for about 3 year without issue. That was the only HRT I have ever been on until there was a recent manufacturing problem and it was no longer available.  Because of this I was prescribed Femoston Conti 0.5/2.5mg as an alternative.  I have taken these also without problem for 5 months but now I have retuned to the premique low dose as it's available again and I was happy taking the lowest possible dose - however 2 months in I was whammed with breast pain for about 6 - 8 days then immediately after that disappeared I started spotting!! Had no trace of anything like that before and now I am worried as any post menopausal bleeding is classed as abnormal - but I am trying to convince myself that it's happened because I have returned to a slightly lower dose hrt and that it's nothing for me to worry about. Has anybody had similar experience?  Any help appreciated.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can someone help - changed back to Premique Low Dose!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:36:21 PM »

:welcomemm:  can't help regarding the HRT but don't want you to go to bed thinking no one cares !

LesleyM00

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 06:36:05 AM »

Thank you CLKD. x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 09:51:54 PM »

Hi LesleyMoo

:welcomemm:

Sorry the answer to your question seems to have been missed - the forum is so big and busy these days we only have time to dip into the odd thread when we have time!

Although it sounds like a lower dose in fact Premique 0.3 mg is low and Femoston 0.5 is ultra low - you can see them listed here:http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php. The reason is because Premique is a mix of quite a few equine oestrogens only one of which is bio-identical to ours (estradiol) and they are generally stronger so lower doses are needed.

The breast pain will be because you have gone back to a higher dose (ie the Premique) and this should settle. I can't explain why you would get bleeding though except that changing HRT types can cause spotting or bleeding even though you have been on it before - and both the oestrogen and progestogen are different. Bleeding on HRT does not count as post-menopausal bleeding as such but the change in HRT might have caused the lining to thicken and shed or you may have other minor problems. Personally I would wait the 3 months again ( as normally recommended with new HRT) and see if it settles - however if you are worried then do make a quick visit to your doctor or at least give them a ring to put your mind at rest?

Hurdity x

LesleyM00

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 07:40:49 AM »

Thank you so much for that informative reply. I wasn't aware that the Femoston was actually a lower dose. I will give myself another few weeks to see what happens but generally now I feel fine and spotting has stopped so I am hoping it was just due to changing hrt.  Thank you once again xx