Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1231 times)

Shrleyan

Hi
« on: August 31, 2016, 05:19:50 AM »

I'm 49 and was prescribed hot Elleste Duet 1mg yesterday by my GP   Had irregular periods for a couple of years and mood swingswith some trouble sleeping but in last few weeks it's like a switch went on!! Hot night sweats,  headaches tearful, bladder issues and unable to sleep or function really. Had a stressful few months with a seriously ill youngest son and being told in last couple of weeks that I am being redundant again (2nd time in less than 3 years). Only married to my current husband for  3 years so feel he is getting a raw deal. Really hoping hrt works, GP was sym pathetic and advised if no better in 14 days to go back but definitely to go back in a month.

Dawncam

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 08:25:19 AM »

Hi Shrleyan - welcome to the site. You'll get lots of great advice and info on here.

Firstly, you're lucky as it sounds like you have a great GP. Really important to have GP who understands and wants to help. I was on your hrt at around the same age and I got on fine with it. It's very early days, and as your GP says you'll have to wait at least a month to find out if that's a high enough dose and even if it agrees with you.

You should start to find some easing of symptoms over the next few weeks as the Oestrogen kicks in.

Have your periods stopped entirely or still irregular?

Dxx

dazned

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 08:35:02 AM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

I was on elleste duet for years and did very well on it ,hopefully you will too. Try to be patient and positive and stick with it for a couple of cycles.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 01:44:24 PM »

Hi Shrleyan

:welcomemm: from me too and sorry to hear about your son (hope he is OK) and redundancy - I know what that's like.

Do hope you start to feel better soon on your "hot" Elleste :) !!

Hurdity x

Shrleyan

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 06:01:39 PM »

Aw thanks, feeling a bit  out of my depth at moment that I can't cope with a natural process that happens to all women. Looking forward to lots of tips to get me through. Xxx

Cassie66

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 03:35:18 PM »

Hi, I'm new on here too, and after being on 1mg of elleste duet for 5 months, I decided to go back to docs today and ask for the 2mg tablets. 1mg just wasn't doin anything for me, I was still sweating like a beast and teary and having a terrible time sleeping, so fingers crossed after taking the 2mg for the next week or so, I'll see a difference in my symptoms. If not, I'm coming off it and going to try another hrt tablet (if the doc approves), I really don't see the point of being on 1mg if it's not helping me in any way. Thanks for listening folks. X oh, and I'm 50 yrs old btw... xx