Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hrt Just managed a week  (Read 3461 times)

pinkdove

Hrt Just managed a week
« on: August 27, 2016, 06:59:58 PM »

Hi Thanks to all the girls that have supported me, just managed 1 week on femseven conti, it really did help with the flushes/sweating,but.......i just could'nt pee much  :( and ,y eyes were so dry i had to remove my contact lenses, despite buying drops.

I take a diuretic, have done for many years for fluid  retention, and they just stopped working, to the point my breasts were really sore, even first thing in the morning it was just a trickle. anyway i weighed myself on friday, and had gained 5 lbs, which i know would have been fluid, BUT i am really struggling with my weight, so ripped the patch off  ::)

Today my eyes are back to normal, and my diuretic is working, i did read on the leaflet that they could both be side effects.

Now i am unsure whether to ring my Gp to try another, as i keep reading on this great site that there are many different one's to try.

I have also decided to stay on the low dose of effexor antidepressant, as i dont feel i am in the right place to reduce at the moment.

Just feel really disappointed with myself, after all the waiting to try it, i really did feel good for the first couple of days, and started on just half a patch to avoid side effects

Did i stop too soon...... :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hrt Just managed a week
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 07:04:57 PM »

Crikey, don't be disappointed with you!  If you tried an un-known food and didn't like it  ::) ……..

Give yourself a few days then ring your GP and explain ?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 07:11:16 PM »

It's so difficult isn't it to try to keep on with something that's making you feel ill in the beginning. Lots of side effects do wear off though after the first month or so. Tender breasts are one of the more common ones - mine didn't settle down until partway through the second month. I had to buy a different sized bra I remember.  Fluid retention is also a quite common side effect of HRT so I'm not sure whether a different type would help? Maybe if you do stay on HRT you would need to increase the diuretic. Can I ask why you have to use a diuretic?

Taz x

linz57

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 08:24:58 PM »

That's a shame, but don't feel bad about it, you know your own body better than anyone.It can take a few weeks for things to settle down , but if you're unsure then I would go back to see the doctor pinkdove. Maybe you could stay on half a patch and not get so many side effects or, another type of hrt might suit you better. It's all trial and error with this malarkey.
I found this patch suited me even right  at the beginning but I don't take a diuretic . I did notice it calmed my bladder down a lot though, prior to using the patch I had been having to go pee often.

pinkdove

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 09:07:01 PM »

Thanks ladies,

Taz i have always taken a diuretic specifically for fluid retention, i know i would not be able to increase the dose, it must be over 20 years ago, and it was painful breasts that i went to the Gp about,and was told it was fluid retention.

Linz .I'm so pleased you are doing well on the patch, long may it continue for you, i will have a chat with my Gp after the holiday

CKLD Thanks for your support, just feel so disappointed, but as linz says, its trial and error  :)

pinkdove

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 09:56:18 AM »

Menomale, Thanks for the advice, but you've lost me , don't know what exogenous estrogen is , do you think there is another type that would be better for me, especially as i have fluid retention ??

Keirson

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 11:36:01 AM »

Hi Pinkdove

Cannot believe I'm in the same position as you! I'm sitting on the bed debating whether to stop the patches. My tummy is bloated. My eyes dry and have had a headache for 2 days. Have to change the patch every 3/4 days as it keeps curling up and irritating my skin.
So disappointed in myself after eventually deciding to go on HRT and now I feel crap!
I assuming you can just stop as I've only been on them 10days?

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 11:41:34 AM »

Hi Keirson - the bloated tummy should get better over the first few months. If the patch is irritating your skin then you should swap to a different type of HRT as the adhesive is definitely not agreeing with you. The hormones are contained in the adhesive so you will not be getting the proper amount of hormones delivered into your system if the patch keeps curling.

What type of HRT are you on?

Taz x

pinkdove

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 11:56:31 AM »

Keirson, I;m sorry you feel like this, but it is exactly what i felt like, and i had the headaches too, I just took the patch off after 7 days, apart from a light headache today, i have been fine, except the sweats are back  :(

The dry eyes irritated me so much, even when using the drops, maybe we need to ask for a different  type of Hrt , and as Taz says if it is irritating you, it may not be the right type, Oh this is so hard, you feel like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place,

Hope you feel better soon x

Keirson

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 12:33:19 PM »

Thank you for your replies

Taz -I'm on the Femseven Conti patches and suppose to change once a week. My tummy is rock hard and so swollen.

The only benefit I have had is a decent nights sleep i.e. not waking 3 or 4 times in a pool of sweat....and less severe daytime flashes. I'm just not sure this sick feeling, dry eyes etc is worth that.

PinkDove you are so right....so difficult to know what to do.

I have an appointment with the GP on Thursday so will discuss different options with her.

Have a good weekend
x

pinkdove

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 03:33:32 PM »

Thanks Menomale i will make another appointment to have my hormones checked, i have had a few blood tests lately, not sure if they checked my hormones tho, thanks for the info x

Keirson, let me know how you get on at your appointment, will be interested to see what they suggest xx