Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: NOisy neighbours  (Read 9445 times)

Pennyfarthing

NOisy neighbours
« on: August 27, 2016, 02:47:24 PM »

OMG MY head is throbbing!  OUr neighbour has had a power saw thing going since 8.30 this morning. HE stopped for about an hour at lunchtime presumably to get some lunch and it's been going ever since.   MY knee is killing me today so I've come to bed for a sleep, having taken some painkillers and I woke up thinking I was in the film The Chain Saw Massacre.  :'(

I think what he's sawing  up is branches from one of our trees. HE asked us recently whether we'd remove a few branches which were overhanging their garden. Hubby said he would and the guy said "leave all the branches in my garden and I'll dispose of them."   Never in a million years did we think it would mean a whole DAY of noise over the bank holiday weekend. Son says he must be sawing it into matchsticks.

My hubby reckons if they're out there sunbathing tomorrow HE is going to be out there cutting all our hedges, drilling and mowing the lawn and see how they like it!!!!

Joyce

Re: NOisy neighbours
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 03:07:33 PM »

Sympathies PF. Most of our neighbours are quite quiet, but we have one who has been working on his garage for ages. We had cement mixers, drills etc going. Now the roof is being put up, so more noise. I know it can't be helped, but when you are tired these things always seem worse.

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 03:11:50 PM »

Our neighbours are generally no trouble but it is nice when they are away, like now  :)

Next door the other side has never had anything done to it and is in its original state (post WW2).  When the elderly gentleman shuffles off it will be sold for a song but we are aware that there will be a great deal of noise to make it 21st century habitable  :(

Two hoots

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 03:13:30 PM »

There is always one  :o we refer to the family in our street as "the noisies" , if there is ever a noise it's them

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 04:48:05 PM »

We've lots of noise makers in our street from 'fast' cars, drilling from 8.00 a.m., kids using those model radio-controlled cars up and down  >:( but I put a stop to that one  ::) …… one couple scream and shout at each other which means their 5 kids scream and shout  :bang: :bang: :bang: …….

It's the apparent lack of consideration that really gets to me!

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 05:39:58 PM »

IKWYM, years ago we used to inform our elderly neighbours if we were having a social event that included music and maybe loud chatter and they would go round to their daughter's for the evening.

These days the first we know of such an event at our neighbours is all the cars arriving, music starting up and loud booming voices that can go on till gone midnight.  Oh and the smell of the barbecue  :sick02:

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 07:22:33 PM »

Isn't that difficult in Brazil?

I HATE the smell of outdoor cooking  :sigh: ……. it's the fire-lighters or inflammables that are used to start the coals burning that stink!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 07:29:55 PM »

We get on well with them and I go to knitting group with the wife.  The hubby likes all his garden "toys" though. Last night he showed me his new leaf sucker upper!

Thing is they love their garden and they are also sun lovers  so they spend a lot of time out there. We can't see them at all but we hear them. They seem to plan everything they do (unlike us) so they might do all their gardening jobs one day and then the whole of the next day they will sunbathe.  One time they were sunbathing and the hubby asked my hubby whether he would not cut our hedge as it was disturbing them and he was only using clippers!!

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 07:32:44 PM »

….. your Hubby's response was ………… ?

We have a garden hose from the cold tap  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 07:52:36 PM »

Another thread on Brazlian food when you're not as tired?  'cos I'm nosy, I is  ;)

linz57

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 02:04:52 PM »

Ah, Bank Holiday weekends when everyone's house and car alarms seem set to go off ever damned ten minutes, all the men become DIY experts ( chainsaws, saws, drills going non stop) and let's not forget the serial bonfire lighters! Roll on Tuesday! ;D

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 02:19:36 PM »

Ah, Bank Holiday weekends when everyone's house and car alarms seem set to go off ever damned ten minutes, all the men become DIY experts ( chainsaws, saws, drills going non stop) and let's not forget the serial bonfire lighters! Roll on Tuesday! ;D
Promise!

I have to say it's all very quiet here today!  They must have gone out.  :)

walking the dog

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 02:23:25 PM »

I don't like to admit it but I think were the noisey neighbours as my two dogs bark a lot, and no matter what we try nothing stops them ! Luckily had no complaints from neighbours, living in an end terraced house helps!😐

walking the dog

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 02:24:35 PM »

And their off ! Barking at a yorky at the back whose barking at them ....

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 02:51:49 PM »

HOW ANNOYING! WtD!  no need to let them bark.  Do not go out and tell them to shut up, bring them into the house without a word and put them to bed.  If necessary keep a short lead on their collar to lead them out of the barking zone.

By speaking it encourages them to continue, as part of a pack they think that owners are joining in and it's OK to bark.  We have 3 puppies down the street all around 8-12 months old, when 1 starts  :bang: :bang: :bang:

The quickest way of course is to shake a rolled up newspaper at them the moment they start!  Makes them jump ….. my Dad taught our JR to bark when she wanted to come inside, a sharp yap ….. 1 only: and wait.

Pages: [1] 2 3