Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: severe sweats on progesteone phase HRT  (Read 2224 times)

warwick01

severe sweats on progesteone phase HRT
« on: August 23, 2016, 08:41:56 AM »

Morning Ladies,

Following several attempts with other HRT's I have gone back to my original regime of 3 pumps of oestrogel with 7 days of 2.5 Northisterone every 6 weeks. I have a very good bleed during this phase. However I have noticed recently from day 3 of taking Northisterone I am suffering extream sweats, feeling emotional, dizzy and very irritable. This is far worse this time round and last several days after stopping the Northisterone, it feel like the oestrogel is not working? or is this a side effect of Northisterone??

I'm afraid utrogesterone didn't work for me :(

Any thoughts ladies?

Wx 

Dancinggirl

Re: severe sweats on progesteone phase HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 08:57:38 AM »

Yep. Any progesterone can give these symptoms.  Even when we had a natural cycle during our fertile years the time leading up to our period (when progesterone is at it's highest) and at the beginning of the bleed (when progesterone levels fall), there would be a raise in our temperature. DG x

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 10:24:52 AM »

Dancinggirl, Stellajane

Thanks for your reply.

Today is my first day of bleed and just pouring in sweat. Hopefully it should settle >:(  don't really want to increase the gel as I want to continue with 3 pumps, just for consistency.

Oh well I have felt rubbish since last Friday (day 5 northisterone) fingers crossed

Wx

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »

I had night sweats on oral contraceptives.  I couldn't work out why until I read that progesterone raises basal body temperature (this is why you take your temperature if you are trying to find out when your ovulate).

I think it probably pushes your core body temperature up a little bit, into that zone where temperature regulation is difficult during menopause.

I am usually cold all the time now (although not in the current hot weather).

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 09:05:37 AM »

Thanks dahliagirl

very informative. Day 2 of bleed and not as hot and sweaty....... just bloody period pain >:(

Oh well it's bank holiday so hope to feel better soon

Wx