Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Dryness  (Read 2185 times)

willow

Dryness
« on: August 21, 2016, 06:40:20 AM »

Hi I have had the menopause for 10 years now and no sign of going! Really bad hot flushes, insomnia etc etc.  Can anyone tell me if they have really bad dryness too especially the eyes and mouth etc. They had thought I had sjorgorens as have many of the symptoms but blood test proved negative so they say could just be menopause and hrt may help. I am loathe to do this as have breast cancer in the family but has anybody suffered dryness and hrt worked? Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dryness
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 02:22:25 PM »

Yep.   :welcomemm:   as oestrogen levels drop off apparently the body dries up: nostrils, vagina, deep in the ears, eyes, skin : so treatment for vaginal atrophy can be an important choice.

Even though there is breast cancer in the family localised treatment directly into the vagina eases symptoms and is unlikely to impact on the rest of the body.  My GP prescribed Ovestin1mg and ladies use Vagifem  - both have a 2 week nightly loading followed by treatment as necessary, every 3 and 6/7 nights can keep the vagina plumped up but some ladies have to use the preparation nightly.

Initially I had repeated irritable bladder, treated as urine 'infections' until my GP realised ……… For me it felt like razor blades up there  :-\ - treatment solved those feelings!  I was treated with surgical intervention and radiation treatment in the 1990s and my GP didn't hesitate in prescribing VA treatment.

Suzi Q

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 12:12:06 PM »

Nothing seems yo work much for  e anymore sadly not even vagifem  every nighy
See your gp see if he can help hugs xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 04:32:34 PM »

I get dry mouth and chewing gum works a treat X
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:24:38 PM by Annie0710 »

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 09:52:26 AM »

I wish my nostrils would dry up, my nose drips constantly all year round, perennial allergic rhinitis it is called I think.  I have a steroid spray but have to be sparing about using it as it can cause slight nosebleeds if used all the time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 11:42:06 AM »

I stopped using nasal sprays as they dry up my nose too much  ::) ………