Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: New research on HRT and breast cancer  (Read 40650 times)

Ljp

Re: New research on HRT and breast cancer
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2016, 08:55:01 PM »

So if alcohol is so bad to have while on HRT, why is it not mentioned on the info sheet?
I don't drink on a daily or even a weekly basis, but I do occasionally have a few drinks on a night out, when I like to have a fun relaxed time? Am I now increasing the BC risk 'double whammy' at those times?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2016, 09:06:53 PM »

Ljp - you're doing it again - don't see the scary stuff so readily.  The occasional night on the tiles with a few drinks is not going to be bad - it's drinking a couple of large glasses of wine every day that will do the harm. DG x

Ljp

« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2016, 10:13:57 PM »

Sorry DG I genuinely never used to be like this, menopause has created an anxiety Minster in me, HRT has helped me control it, but at scary times like these, it rears its ugly head yet again and spirals out of control and makes me doubt myself and all decisions I have made 😟

Iris67

« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2016, 03:33:44 PM »

I have survived breast cancer and bizarrely my surgeon told me that although there are many 'risk factors' such as smoking & drinking etc. 60% of the women he sees do not have any of those factors at all! There are so many other things at play I say do what you think is best for you.

Sunnydays

« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2016, 08:22:46 PM »

Well I'm totally confused!
Some of the posts over the past 12 pages refer  to oestrogen potentially being the culprit and yet the so called studies indicate progesterones as the problem. A couple of acquaintances  who have had BC (they didn't have hrt) were specifically told it was an oestrogen driven type.
It's so good we have this forum to offload our feelings and worries. I must admit to looking in the mirror, following this report, at my boobs and wondering if I was doing them harm by taking hrt. However I recall my surgery nurse telling me some months ago that there are certain life styles that carry greater risks. I'm sure I've also read/ been told that BC that might come from hrt is treatable.
HRT for me! 

peegeetip

« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2016, 09:08:04 PM »

thats the trouble when something is as random as cancer - you can never figure out "random" in every study.

if they ran the studies 5 or 100's of times then they'd end up with 5 or 100's of end results - due to the "random" nature of how it starts.

one cell goes rogue and years later there is an issue - no matter how much lifestyle / living like a nun we do or dont do :)

take care of the moment  :-*
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]