Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie on Qlaira  (Read 6365 times)

Keithee

Newbie on Qlaira
« on: August 22, 2016, 08:18:58 PM »

Hi, I've been on Qlaira for the past 2 months and I'm experiencing really bad breast tenderness / and have gone up a few cup sizes. Has anyone else had this and has this side effect calmed down with time?
Thanks ☺

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie on Qlaira
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 09:16:43 AM »

:welcomemm:

There is a search button, if you type 'Qlaira' into it and press go you should see how others are faring.

Browse round!

Keithee

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 05:34:13 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I have already done a search but couldn't find any specific information relating to my question so thought I'd ask

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 05:45:41 PM »

Have you tried 'larger breasts' in the search box or a combination?  It's a bit of a 'search'  ::)

Keithee

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 06:25:54 PM »

Haha no haven't tried that one!! Thanks! 😀

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 07:57:58 PM »

Hi Keithee

:welcomemm:

If you can't find the information when you do a search for Qlaira then it probably hasn't been reported. It is a relatively new HRT so there won't be so much information and discussion.

All oestrogen HRT/CCP will often cause an increase in breast size - because it is the female hormone - which can initially cause breast tenderness, and cause breasts to be more dense - especially near menopause when they become naturally more "floppy". Progestogens act on the breast differently but can also cause breast pain and tenderness. Hopefully your body will acclimatise to this after another month?

I presume you are taking it during peri-menopause? Do tell us where you are in menopause, how old you are, what symptoms you are getting and what you hope to be the outcome of taking Qlaira.

Hurdity x

Dorothy

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 09:27:31 PM »

I've gone up in size & also had a lot of discomfort since starting peri, so it may not necessarily be due to Qlaira - I've always been all but non existent 'in front' so it's been quite a shock adjusting to two huge lumps sticking out of my chest (ok, they are probably not that huge, but it feels that way to me!)

Keithee

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 12:00:35 PM »

Thanks for your replies ☺ I am 40, & have had hormone problems for around 6 years, mostly horrendous pmt that turns me into a monster, hair loss, bloating.... I am million times worse off the pill. I have tried loads but still get bad side effects. Mirena not an option as failed twice to fit. Cerazette nightmare, bled continuous and lost hair.
Dr suggested chemical menopause. Saw new Dr and she suggested qlaira.  So far so good. Just terrible breast pain, just started EPO.
Don't know where to go if qlaira doesn't work. Looking back I think symptoms have got worse the older I've got/ had kids.  Had a few nights sweats whilst on the pill previously, is this peri symptoms or hormonal imbalance I'm not sure.

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 01:50:03 PM »

Not sure why you would get night sweats on the pill? I'm not familiar enough with it. Was it the POP or the CCP? Hopefully Qlaira will work for you - it is supposed to prevent the mood swings and pms, but it does involve high doses of progestogen so if it doesn't - then this could be an issue for you ie progesterone intolerance? If this is the case then you would need to use a high dose of oestrogen to suppress ovulation and then separate progesterone to keep the lining thin - I know some gynaes use this method but It is not necessarily as reliable as the Pill so I gather. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Hurdity x

Dorothy

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 03:45:18 PM »

I'm on CCP and still get meno symptoms, they are just 'damped down'.  So while I am taking the pill, I feel very hot, but it's a dry heat - when I am on a break, I get the heat along with the sweating.  No idea why we get symptoms on the pill, but I know I'm not the only one!

Keithee

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 07:14:38 PM »

Thank you for your replies again ladies. I've never really considered peri being the cause of my symptoms before I was prescribed qlaira and looked into the drug.
But looking back it does fit into place.  I think I've only just found a Dr who listened.
Had a few nights sweats if that's what they are, when you wake up absolutely soaking? Not in a pattern or a regular thing though.  Moods are off the scale on various pills, from raging aggressive to paranoid depressive for at least 2 weeks of cycle, then only feeling normal once af arrives. Pretty horrendous really. So I hope qlaira will be the answer. Sore boobs are minor I suppose looking back!!!

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 08:25:50 PM »

Keep a mood/food diary?

nothappybun

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 11:09:00 PM »

Hi keithree!
Yes, I took Qlaira from October till the 18th August this year. I had tender breasts and my lumpy breasts got worse also one size bigger but all the other meno symptoms (hot flashes/sweating/insomia...) disappeared. The first to go were the hot flashes within days now I have them back, sure I didn't miss them! The night sweats and palpitations took like 3 months to go. The breast tenderness stayed thought out the treatment maybe I got use to it or it was less after a couple of months. I did sleep like a baby and no waking up in the middle of the night and no weird nightmares. I miss being on Qlaira, really worked for me.