Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Clammy on waking  (Read 1773 times)

Amandakoz

Clammy on waking
« on: August 23, 2016, 10:13:53 PM »

Hello. I'm new to the forum. I've noticed after 3 years of overheating mostly at night but with a few during the day that this is subsiding (I am not on HRT). However I still get a a hot sweat as I'm waking up or soon after like clockwork and I feel like it's more of a clammy cold sweat. Has anyone else had this experience. I don't feel dizzy of nauseous. I'm not sure if it's normal? Thanks!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Clammy on waking
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:23:48 PM »

:welcomemm:  could it be a sudden rise in cortisol hormone?  If you use the search facility on here and type in 'cortisol', I'm sure we had a mention a few weeks back but meno-brain can't remember where  ::)

Amandakoz

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:57:21 PM »

Thanks that's really helpful I will look it up. I'm 53 so perhaps after 3 years I'm bound to get changing symptoms but this can make you feel even more anxious!!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 07:59:53 PM »

Yep.  We have threads on anxiety, flushes; browse round, make notes  ;)

Tempest

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 08:42:20 PM »

Oh yes!!! I have this as part of my surgical menopause symptoms. As CLKD has said, I have isolated it to being part of the 'Awakening Cortisol Response'. This is a medically recognised phenomena and you can read more about it if you have a wee Google. It can be accompanied by shaking shortly after waking too.

Cortisol is highest when we first wake, and is designed to be this way to help us get going for the day. My own belief is that when our other hormones are out of balance, this response is heightened. I am hoping that if I manage to be more balanced with my hormones, it will ease (keeping everything crossed here as i've only just started HRT)!

Hope this helps a little bit.

And...... :welcomemm:

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 08:51:05 PM »

:thankyou:

we are a Mine of Information on here we is  ;)

Amandakoz

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 07:49:40 PM »

Thanks I will do a bit more research. It's nice not to feel alone
And not going crazy!