Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Health anxiety  (Read 1815 times)

Bev1

Health anxiety
« on: August 25, 2016, 06:40:04 AM »

Hi everyone, i feel so down with health anxiety, am on sertraline to help me but i am convinced i have dvt, my calf aches and has twinges of pain, its all i can focus on and dont even want to bother with the doctors as i will prob get fobbed off! Am i just imagining these pains ? Feel like im going crazy! Im just feeling so tired, want to start going swimming but convinced i will have an heart attack if i exert myself too much!! Help!!

Annie0710

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 10:09:46 AM »

Health anxiety during menopause is very common.  We were healthy women before this then suddenly symptoms develop overnight and new ones continually join the party, we do have to be careful that we don't over think symptoms but just as important we have to be careful we're not missing anything important , hence why so many of us get referred so often and nothing abnormal found

Hugs
Annie X

Justjules

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 10:46:02 AM »

Hi Bev

A fellow HA sufferer here so fully understand the hell you're going through.  It's as though my mind just won't switch off at all from just constantly focusing on how I feel and being 'hypervigilent' to every little symptom and change in my body.  There are lots of us on here suffering so do a search on it and you'll see you're amongst friends!  I can't offer a solution unfortunately, because I haven't one myself; I just hope it's something that gets better the longer we're in this journey.

:foryou:

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 03:08:43 PM »

Yes, me too!!! It's truly hellish. Mine started before Meno. after I had near fatal anaphylaxis. It's just snowballed since menopause! I had a brief remission after I had my oopherectomy, strangely. I think it was because I had faced one of my biggest fears without incident (major surgery. I'm allergic to many drugs). It's reared its head again recently, but mainly because my Meno. symptoms are now so severe.

Sending all of my fellow HA sufferers a big  :hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 04:25:09 PM »

We have several threads on here so you are not alone!

If you use the search button you will see how so not alone you are  ::)