Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Peri (I think) but still regular with horrendous anxiety  (Read 6967 times)

RedFraggle

Re: Peri (I think) but still regular with horrendous anxiety
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 07:33:24 AM »

I had all those symptoms, including the chin hair!! GP put me on HRT and they pretty much vanished. I'm only 43 so they did bloods and stuff which also indicated early meno was happening.

Clovie

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 10:26:57 AM »

Another one here with the same well worn T-Shirt!  :D  About your age too when I started wearing it!  :D
I'm 52 now, still having my own periods but on HRT as well, am in a much better place right now!  :)

Insomnia - Oh my gosh. Had it for YEARS, but after tweaking my HRT back in February this year has had me sleeping like a baby since  :)

Anxiety - Oh my gosh yes!! AWFUL
And what was worse for me was waking early in the morning, mind racing with anxious thoughts, but particularly hard to deal with were the 'black' and morbid thoughts when they loomed, about me reaching end of my life, worry about husband getting ill and dying, about my children growing old and eventually dying - oh my gosh , it was hellish.  :'(
Funny things these hormones, ever since I changed my HRT I've not had one of these horrible black moments since  :D

There is light at the end of the tunnel - might be a long winding tunnel but there is light there, honest!  :)

Clovie

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 10:58:50 AM »

Hi there Sparkle  :)

I'm on 3 pumps estrogel, utrogestan, and was given a small dose of amitriptyline to take each night as well (25mg)
I was concerned about taking the amitriptyline but it is such a small dose it has no side effects on me whatsoever (it's not the larger  doses which are more usual in the treatment of anxiety or depression )

Not sure which is responsible for the very quick, within a week, solution to my symptoms including the insomnia, but don't want to rock the boat. I'm guessing it was the estrogel as  amitriptyline  would have taken longer to produce results?
Not sure as I say but I feel very good on this combo at the moment!  :)

jorainbow

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 12:43:20 PM »

My GP won't entertain any blood tests as periods regular. To be honest I'm in a sort of no mans land where I get this anxiety after my period but it only lasts a few days so not sure I want to start HRT.I don't worry about things like you mentioned Clovie it's just there but has been for years just seems to be worse and post period not pre.  Chin hairs I just pull!!

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2016, 07:44:32 AM »

Hi just to update anxiety levels minimal mid way through cycle so keeping a thorough diary of everything to see the pattern if any.

Tempest - I'm afraid I had to stop listening to the anxiety guru after a few minutes - maybe it's the US style but he really irritated me (and the music!) !!  I've already bought the Linden Method as I feel it worth a small investment which if I was taking meds or having counselling I'd pretty much pay out in a few months. I'll feedback when I get going but we're all different and what works for one may not work for another. Thanks for the signpost though 😊

That is when your oestrogen is high so does suggest a hormonal explanation. The contraceptive pill would regulate your cycle but not sure how old you are and also you have to take large amounts of progestogen which not allwomen can tolerate.

Hurdity x

jorainbow

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2016, 09:53:07 AM »

Hi Hurdity apologies for delay replying been busy turfing garden whilst it was nice 😊😊 (we'll I was supervising 😉😉) I'm 47 - sterilised 1998 so not adverse to the pill but can't remember how it affected me pre that date!!! Do recall trying the coil though.
Pages: 1 [2]