Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Why don't hospital doctors check the letters which are sent out?  (Read 2433 times)

Katejo

Just a little grumble. I had an appointment regarding my underactive thyroid a couple of weeks ago. Today I get the follow up  letter. In 2 separate places, the condition is described as hyperthyroidism instead of hypo! A rather significant difference!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Why don't hospital doctors check the letters which are sent out?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 06:25:01 PM »

Signed without reading contents?  Would be sending a copy to the Director of whatever ………

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 07:33:19 PM »

Signed without reading contents?  Would be sending a copy to the Director of whatever ………
  Probably. I have corrected errors of fact on previous occasions as well. That particular hospital is good at failing to actually send a copy to the GP and also inventing fictional names of doctors!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 01:05:53 PM »

We would have got the sack  :sigh:.  I would be making sure that my GP and the Consultant concerned knew about the mistakes.

So you're no further forwards?

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 09:13:24 PM »

We would have got the sack  :sigh:.  I would be making sure that my GP and the Consultant concerned knew about the mistakes.

So you're no further forwards?
On this occasion I haven't yet done anything. I have a GP appointment on Monday and I will point out the main error if i get a chance. On the previous occasion, the GP wasn't happy with the situation and wrote to the hospital about it. If she got a reply, she hasn't told me. I suspect she didn't get one (as I didn't either).

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 02:40:00 PM »

Write to the Surgeon and suggest a Neglicence Claim ;-)

Cazikins

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 03:17:06 PM »

Not so important but - I was waiting for an appt to see a neurologist at the hospital. after an orthopedic referred me.

2 weeks later I got a letter with an appt to see a orthopedic  >:( >:( >:( - 1/2 hour on the phone & no apology, just told it would be put right. No thank you either.  >:( >:(