Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help - not sure of my next move!  (Read 1716 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Help - not sure of my next move!
« on: August 22, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »

I saw my gyny after 3 months on evorel sequi. I took in a mood chart fully expecting my HRT to be "tweaked"!
She took one look at my bleeding on the oestrogen only phase and it lasting 20 days, and told me no more HRT until biopsy and Hysteroscopy undertaken😟 Apparently as I am 45 and having irregular bleeding, this needs to be done asap.

To say I'm a bit fed up is an understatement! Basically I was expecting the next 3 months to be me finally getting me on the right track to normality! By the way I know the gyny is doing her job, just didn't expect a pause in my treatment.

I'll be honest, I found the evorel sequi hard. Struggled on Day 10-14 on the oestrogen patch, felt PMT on day 15-18 on the combi patch, then real depression on stopping the combi patch!

So now I feel like it's back to square 1, but I'm not even at square 1 to make a start.  I previously tried Femoston 1/10 & 2/10 and the exact same thing happened, early and prolonged bleeding.

This time I've never really had relief from my flushes, my ankles are sweating as we speak. And I'm only in a long t-shirt!

I've had all blood tests done recently following a private medical and the only thing to come up is that my ferritin stores have dropped right back down to 9!

All though I sound doom and gloom, there has been periods over the last 3 months of 3 days here and there, where I have felt fantastic and on top of the world.

Can you just send me a cyber hug please?

Babsm67

Re: Help - not sure of my next move!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 08:13:15 PM »

I'm not going to be a lot of help but here's  :hug: from me too xx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 08:15:09 PM »

Ah thank you Sparkle. Just when I think I'm getting somewhere everything changes!

Can I just ask, is it normal to expect full relief from flushes from HRT and is it normal to have lighter periods on HRT? Both of which I am yet to experience!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 08:16:01 PM »

Ah thanks to you too Madbloss.

Tempest

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 08:37:59 PM »

Oh my word, Mis71Mum!! You're a wee soul!!! You should have a reasonable level of relief from hot flushes, if not 100% (so said my Menopause Consultant, but he was addressing my issues in surgical menopause so I'm not sure if it's different in peri).

I'm sure someone knowledgeable will be along soon to give you some words of wisdom.

In the meantime, here's a  :hug: from me. xxxxx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 09:02:17 PM »

Ah thank you all.

My flushes seem to be most of the day apart from a small respite during early afternoon. Maybe that's my AD helping with there.
But at night if one thing touches me, I turn into greasy blob! This continues until the next morning.
My parents came round the other day, yes it was muggy, but they thought I'd just had a shower when in fact I'd caught the bus home from work and walked 2 minutes home round the corner, and my hair was plastered to the back of my neck and forehead. Roll on winter xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 09:08:32 PM »

I've not had flushes , if I have they've been mild and literally only a few but I suffered with awful night sweats, couldn't sleep as I had quite a few each night, hrt sorted that and in 18 years of hrt I can honestly say I've only had a handful, so I assumed yes hrt was the reason they stopped but your flushes sound really excessive !

Annie X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 09:09:15 AM »

:bighug: