Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Panicking estradot  (Read 2247 times)

donnacrichton

Panicking estradot
« on: August 12, 2016, 09:00:17 AM »

Hi I was on estradot 37.5mcg and had estradoil levels of 77. Then I had it increased to 50mcg. Four weeks on and had been seeing improvement and all of a sudden back to really tearful and flushes. Is it likely I could have had a drop or is this usual for increasing the dose?

Tempest

Re: Panicking estradot
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 09:39:22 AM »

Wee soul, Donna! I hope someone is along shortly who can give you some advice. Are you a surgical lady like me? I seem to recall you are. Hang in there and hopefully someone will be along soon to give you some good advice. In the meantime sending you {{{hugs}}}. :hug:

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 09:53:58 AM »

Thank you I've had a medical endured menopause with a drug x

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 06:03:57 PM »

I had hyster (keeping ovaries) back in '99 age 32 , within months my ovaries were failing and developed meno symptoms, doc put me on 1mg oestrogen and it worked a treat, then within weeks everything came back so she upped it to 2mg

It may be that you need another increase ? But I've read here that it can a take a couple of months to settle in a regime, not what we want to hear when we're suffering

Annie X

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 09:08:08 PM »

I was really seeing improvements then last few days been awful. I know 4 weeks isn't long but was on the up. Don't want to increase too soon. Made that mistake many times before. Couldn't get estradot 50mcg so was given two 25mcg can't see that making a difference. I am wondering if my last patches had stuck properly or would it still be settling at 4 weeks?

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 09:12:03 PM »

I'm not sure, Estradot has really good adhesion

It may be you need to try a different patch ? First patch I tried on the switch from pills to patch was elleste patch (sure it was) as I was on elleste pill, it was horrendous, within hrs I developed a 4 day migraine and removed the patch on day 2

Sometimes we have to do trial and error

Someone more knowledgeable will be along I'm sure

Annie x

donnacrichton

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 04:47:49 PM »

This might sound odd but since I have been using estradot I have used a clear dressing over the skin to stop them peeling off. Not knowing what to do I took off the two patches and dressing off and put fresh ones on with no dressing.  Since removing the dressing I can feel the hormone rising. Could this have caused poor absorbtion?

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 05:50:55 PM »

It could've I guess

I think I've tried 3 different patches since April last year and in my opinion Estradot wins on adhesion and size

When you put the patch on make sure skin is dry and your hand is warm and hold hand on patch for 10 seconds, or put patch on a blow hairdryer over it, it should be fine, when I'm abroad I use my bum cheek to hide the patch from sunlight and it's getting soaked in sea plus sweat yet it stays put

Annie x

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 09:21:10 PM »

The advice is that you should not put anything over the patches to help keep them stuck to your skin. That way you can't be sure there is consistent direct contact between the patch and your skin - so this could have been affecting absorption. Instead, get into the habit of feeling the patch every now and again (when you pee?), check it's still stuck and if necessary pressing it down again. I do this also especially after bath or shower when sometimes they come a bit unpeeled (after a bath - but don't often have one of these!).

Hurdity x