Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Femoston tiredness?  (Read 3835 times)

pricey

Femoston tiredness?
« on: November 26, 2017, 07:07:57 PM »

Hi everyone e,
I changed from Elleste Duet to Elleste Conti (for only 3 days as I felt dreadful on it) then swapped to Femoston 1/5 (conti) which I have now taken for 10 days.  So far so good, apart from the fact i am unbelievably tired. Yes I work, but I am sleeping well. I can't sleep enough! I realise it could be coincidence, but might it be the change to a continuous combined therapy?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:53:59 PM by pricey »

jaycee

Re: Femoston tiredness?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 08:19:29 PM »

I feel the same,but on livial, my Dr said they would help me sleep better, but I think I could sleep all day now if left to it
Feeling a little better energy wise, but still more tired than I feel I should be,
Maybe when they kick in the tiredness will wear off
I have just started on my 3rd month, and I think that's when most HRT kicks in
Hope you will feel better soon,give them time

Hurdity

Re: Femoston tiredness?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 10:59:04 PM »

Hi preicey - it's impossible to say as you have changed so much at once: you have halved your oestrogen dose (Elleste conti is 2 mg) unless you Elleste Duet was 1 mg? You have changed the progestogen from norethisterone to dydrogesterone ( although thre latter in Femoston is usually better tolerated), but more to the point as you say, you are taking a progestogen all the time which can give continuous low grade progestogenic side effects like tiredness, anxiety, headaches, bloating and other pmt symptoms. Progestogens act as a sedative so in low doses women can find them helpful - but for HRT they have to be given in sufficiently high doses to protect the womb lining hence the negative sdie effects tend to dominate. If tiredness is your only symptom and you can cope - and maybe you will acclimatise - then hopefully that's OK maybe? Otherwise you might be better off taking it cyclically  - but you then have to contend with a withdrawal bleed. It's a choice between the two!

Hurdity x