Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Miserable and scared ( back siezed up again)  (Read 4373 times)

Annie0710

Re: Miserable and scared ( back siezed up again)
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 05:53:15 PM »

When my back goes and I am not very mobile I have crutches that physio gave me, I only use them when I am at my worst

countrybumpkin

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 07:00:44 PM »

I tried leaning on a walking stick yesterday when I was bent over but it made it worse ::).  I can see how crutches might help although I also have severe neck problem ::) ::) so cannot put much pressure through my arms.

I really do need a whole new spine ;)

ellie

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 08:46:17 PM »

Have you tried a walking frame? I have one with a seat, and couldn't walk without it. It helps me stand more upright, and because it has brakes I feel safe.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 07:58:11 AM »

I am going to the chiropractor I have used in the past today to see if he can help at all.  I am never sure if they do help or if I would get better anyway. I could not get into the physio I used last time for over a week and when you are in so much pain a week is such a very long time!
At least the chiroptractor knows how sensitive my back is to treatment. I wish he wsn't up a flight of stairs though :o

ellie

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 08:29:48 AM »

Does your neurosurgeon know you see a chiropractor ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 02:07:25 PM »

Sorry to be a curmudgeon but if chiropractice treatment worked ……… you would only need to visit a few times. 

A physio will show sufferers how to lift, bend etc..

countrybumpkin

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2016, 02:35:48 PM »

The chiro does not do chir o treatment on me ( I should have explained) he does what the physio does.  I won't have any manipulation at all from anyone because I know the dangers.  I have over the years tried every therapy going on my spine and nothing can right the damage done all I can get, even from physio is reduction in symptoms.  The only thing I haven't tried is to learn the alexander technique for posture which is not a hands on treatment but can help by improving your posture.

I have had acupuncture and ultrasound today and very gentle exercises.

I learnt the hard way many years ago when visiting an osteopath for my prolapsed neck disc and he kept neck cracking. At this time no one knew what was wrong with my neck as it was before mri scans were available easily but I eventually paid for one and found out what was wrong and saw a neurosurgeon who told me in no uncertain terms never to let anyone manipulate my spine as I had been at risk of serious injury on my neck every time the osteo cracked my neck - phew. This was 15 years ago and I have stuck to this advice ever since.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2016, 03:32:50 PM »

At last, someone else who has been told not to undergo such treatments!  Many years ago an X-ray showed that a patient had congenital 'damage' to her cervical spine and was seen in an Orthopaedic Clinic prior to booking private osteopathy - she was strongly advised that had anyone manipulated her neck she may well have been paralysed. New patients should always be sent to X-ray before treatment plans are discussed  ;).  Since then scanning has advanced hugely  ::)

Sounds relaxing countrybumpkin ;-)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2016, 03:49:35 PM »

Sadly it doesn't seem to have helped but need to wait over the weekend.
I have just taken 2 codydramol painkillers and a diazepam and am floating gently away ;D ;D  Its a shame the diazepam can only be taken for a few days as even if it does not help the pain it makes you feel good ;)

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 03:51:26 PM »

;D - except I had to stop using it when my head and gut went peculiar a couple of times  ::)

What dose are you taking?

ellie

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 04:10:31 PM »

I wear two pain patches, but unfortunately as can happen the body gets used to pain control and they have little affect now  :-\.....I tried Oramorph recently and that did nothing at all.......Yes diazepam  helps , what a shame we can only take it for a few days  >:(
  Glad you are getting some relief , it will let you rest for a while  :)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 08:44:53 PM »

They always give 2mg tablets which I have to say are useless really but I find 4mg at once helps just a tiny bit or maybe it's just the floaty happy head ::)

I only get 14 tablets at 2mg and thats it.

Was doing ice packs but just done hot water bottle and that seems to have eased the spasms a little.

Annie0710

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 09:02:50 PM »

I have a hot water bottle on my chair at work, I'm noticing lately when my back is painful my right hip is joining in too

I stopped going chiropractor as I was iffy all his cracking and pulling without seeing any MRIs or X-rays

Annie x

countrybumpkin

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2016, 04:17:41 PM »

Well I was cursing the chiro this morning to begin with as although I could stand up straight now, the pain in my back was much worse when I did stand and walk  but as day has gone on I have been able to be upright much more than I was.
I also had a hot water bottle over the painful bit of back last night so not sure if the change is due to that or the acupuncture/ultrasound that he did.
Checking my diary and my back seized up in February/March/1st May and now August.  It has had bad times in the past and then settled for months at a time so I am so hoping that this is what it is going to do again as the thought of injections or surgery is not a nice one!

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2016, 07:10:23 PM »

R U able to take anything a few hours B4 you do anything ??? so that the muscles are relaxed?  My Mum pulled her muscles when bending to lift a mat, Dad was already in bed with his bad back so I had him upstairs and her down ……… somehow they survived  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3