Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estradot wearing off  (Read 4277 times)

donnacrichton

Estradot wearing off
« on: July 03, 2016, 07:11:19 PM »

Been on this dose for couple of months now & feels like it wears off by day 3. Had my bloods taken for levels. Anyone else had this problem?

Nina

Re: Estradot wearing off
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 07:13:03 AM »

Hi Donna you can just change the patch every three days see if that helps

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 12:59:22 PM »

When I tried patches both estrodot and Everal after 3 days I could feel a massive dip. Always felt lightheaded, off balance, flushing and anxiety.

Wx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 03:36:33 PM »

Patches are actually designed to last a week (as I've read) but are recommended to be changed twice a week precisely to prevent the fall off you are experiencing. If it is sticking well for the 3.5 days but you are not feeling as well as you could for the whole time - then the actual patch dose is not high enough surely? It should be high enough that your dose remains approximately stable - such that you don't notice the slight decline over the 3 days. If you are peri-menopausal especially early peri then stability is impossible to achieve due to your own hormones fluctuating in the background.

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 03:56:32 PM »

Thank you definitely dipping by day 3. Not my own hormones as have a medically endured menopause. Think it might not be strong enough as on 37.5. Should get blood results back at end of the week. Hope it just means a small increase x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 04:26:39 PM »

Hi again donnacrichton - the doc should be going on how you feel rather than you blood tests results, to determine whether you need to increase or not!

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 02:50:13 PM »

Just got my estradiol levels on 37.5 estradot & it is 77. Won't be able to speak to consultant until after the weekend.  He had said he wanted me about 450 that doesn't sound right?

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 03:18:59 PM »

Wow if that is pmol/l that is exceptionally low! If it is pg/ml that gives 282 pmol/l which is OK for many women but not if you are symptomatic. In that case if it is pmol/l it is a good thing blood tests were taken -although if you are in surgical menopause with no ovaries then 37.5 mcg is a low dose. Even a standard post-meno HRT patch is 50mcg! I think we have discussed before?

Therefore I'm still not sure why you weren't given an increase based on your symptoms and the fact that you are on a lowish dose of oestrogen? I mean it's not as if you would get tachyphylaxis on this dose ie much higher than normal oestrogen levels such that it ceases to work.

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 04:05:41 PM »

I had been given 50 mcg before ovarian shut down and was too high. We agreed to try on 37.5 and see how it went. Feeling more emotional stability but flushes are awful.

donnacrichton

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 04:24:57 PM »

Bloods were 77 in 37.5 mcg estradot and this was increased to 50mcg. It's been 4 weeks now and seemed to be improvibg a bit. The last few days back struggling with flushes and mood has got a bit low. How long before the 50mcg would be at full dose?