Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Blazedoxedene - anyone heard of it?  (Read 1237 times)

Sunnydays

Blazedoxedene - anyone heard of it?
« on: August 10, 2016, 02:02:54 PM »

Came across it in a meno newsletter. Anyone any info on it?

kpatton56

Re: Blazedoxedene - anyone heard of it?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 03:42:58 PM »

Bazedoxifene? Used for osteoporosis.

Sunnydays

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 04:21:16 PM »

Oops misspelt - sorry. Yes, it was referring to being used in hrt alongside oestrogen meaning no need for progesterone

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 05:43:03 PM »

Sunnydays, that sounds like an interesting product.  I've just had a quick read up on it and it sounds as though you can take this HRT product (marketed as DUAVEE?) without having to take the dreaded synthetic/micronised progesterone.  They point out that the synthetic progesterone component of HRT is where the side effects (they mention breast pain in particular) and risks lie but I think most of us already know that!

The website I read mentioned that DUAVEE cannot be used with other oestrogen or progesterone products but this might be out of date information.  Is it available as a separate progesterone product now that could be used alongside Oestrogel? 

The only downside of DUAVEE that I can see is the oral delivery method and of course the conjugated oestrogen content.  Having said that, if it is available, it would be worth a try. 

Sunnydays

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 08:41:37 AM »

Thanks Mary. Yes it looks as if something that can be used alongside the conjugated stuff. I only had a few lines of info about it and it referred to potential Hrt for the future.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 09:55:21 PM »

I remember when that new HRT was first mooted ( maybe the first trials were publicised - in US I think?) and it was discussed on here a year or two back. We all got excited about it until we found out that a) it was a tablet and b) it was conjugated equine oestrogens - so that's out for most of us. Pity eh?

Hurdity x