Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Confused and no one to talk to  (Read 10069 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Confused and no one to talk to
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2016, 12:39:16 PM »

I remember feeling like that SO well  :'(  :-\

Anxiety is not in my head, it starts in my gut goes to my thighs, into my calves, then my head starts telling me that I'm ill etc..   :sigh: ……… when is the appt for the bone scan, you may have mentioned a date but I can't remember  ::).

There are emergency meds to help ease anxiety symptoms.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2016, 01:05:40 PM »

Riley04 - It sounds to me as though your GP is being sensible.  Having a good break from HRT to reassess everything can be good, however you are still too young to be oestrogen deficient so I would strongly advice you go back on HRT at least until you are 50 to protect your heart and bones.
Re: anxiety - I do think many women need the SRRI alongside HRT but I would try a different HRT before rushing into SRRIs at this stage. 
Do remind us what HRTs you have already tried and which, if any, seem to suit you best.
DG x

Riley04

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2016, 01:10:47 PM »

Hi CLKD my scan is on Thursday then prob 6 weeks before results. Think I'm going to go back to dr because I know the anxiety can get worse and I don't want to be like that again. I'll just have to ask for something like citalopram that doesn't give me chronic diarrhea!!! Talking to hubby and the nervousness has only really kicked in since I've come off the hrt, though for me it feels like forever! The feeling is equivalent to doing your driving test - those sort of nerves, if I'm running round busy I'm ok it's just when I stop and think about it. It's got the potential to get worse so need to nip it in he bud asap. Xx

Riley04

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2016, 01:13:06 PM »

Hi dancinggirl I've only tried kliofem, only managed 11 days on it and was an emotional wreck! Xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2016, 02:33:22 PM »

Riley04 - You are probably sensitive to progesterone so Kliofem was really not a good one for you.  You would probably do better on a sequential HRT - unfortunately this will give you monthly bleeds but is a better option for many women as it mean you won't need progesterone all the time. All HRTs have some compromises and it's about finding one that gives more benefits than side effects. I would try Femoston 1/10 next as the progesterone is kinder and many women do really well on this one.
If Femoston doesn't suit you then try Estradot patches or Oestrogel( for the oestrogen bit) and Utrogestan (micronised progesterone)for 12 days each month.  Dg x

Riley04

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 12:22:15 PM »

Hi
The nervousness isn't quite as bad today but it's still there in the background. I've made an appointment with the dr for this evening. I just don't want it to get worse as I've been in the position before where it's been debilitating and don't want that. I'm controlling it at the moment but it's always there in my head going round and round. Let's see what she says tonight!
I can count on 1 hand how many times I've been to the dr in the last 6 years and the last month or so I've been 3 times grrrr.
Thanks for all your advice really appreciate it, but if anyone has a magic wand could u put it in the post please lol xxxxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2016, 02:28:48 PM »

Make a list to take with you this evening?  Let us know how you get on!

Dorothy

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2016, 05:40:24 PM »

I hope tonight's appointment goes well for you.

If there were a magic wand, I think you'd be at the back of a very, very, very long queue for it  ;D

Smokey

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 03:42:12 PM »

Hi Riley04

I've been following your thread, and just wondered how you got on at the Doctors last night ?

Ann x

Riley04

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 08:06:25 PM »

Hi everyone
Thursday already, where do the days go?  Unfortunately I didn't get to the Dr on Monday, work and delayed trains meant I had to cancel.  This week hasn't been too bad though, the anxiety nerves are still there first thing in the morning, but they do subside and I'm finding a bit of deep breathing is helping if they do rumble during the day.  This afternoon wasn't the best though, seems to be more prevalent when I'm not busy (my brain keeps telling me I'm nervous).  I've talked to my DH and told him if I'm still like it by next week I will go to the Dr.  I think I'm just frightened I'm turning into a hypochondriac - I really don't do going to see drs so I'm fighting my mind constantly......will see how I go.

Here's my question though........ Ive been mapping my symptoms from the last couple of months and although I feel like I've been anxious/nervous forever, it has only been from around 4 days after I stopped the HRT tablets, now it might be a coincidence, but could it be the withdrawal of the hormones that has set me off?????  I know I'm phsyco analysing everything at the moment and looking for that one bit of information that I can nail, but it does seem to be there could be a link.    You ladies know so much about this I thought I should ask!

On another note, had my bone scan today, about a month for the results, but I was reminded to drink lots of milk and eat cheese and yogurt......it really doesn't go with the slimming world diet lol.

Hope you are all doing well, speak soon, much love  :wub:

Dancinggirl

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2016, 09:09:42 PM »

Hi Riley04 - the conflicting advice we get about diet is really tough.  If we want to help our bones we need the calcium rich foods like cheese and milk etc. but then we're told we should avoid these things because they are higher in fat so  this could fur up our arteries - we can't win. .
A good friend of mine always had this great diet or so I thought - she is slim and fit - but at 55 she slipped over and broke her sacrum.  After the fall she had a bone density scan and it was discovered she already had advanced stage osteoporosis and is having some quite drastic treatment to help her bones - it turned out that the low fat diet she so strictly adhered to didn't do her bones any good.
She also had very sensitive skin and was paranoid about getting skin cancer so she kept out of the sun - she was probably Vitamin D deficient as well - so no chance for her bones.
Personally I'd rather look after my bones - eat the cheese and get a nice bit of sun on my brisk walks with the dog.
Controlling mood etc. is really difficult - you need to give yourself time to see what happens  - there's no rush, maybe try the HRT (Oestrogel with Utrogestan on a sequi basis) in a few weeks time when you feel ready. 
Dg x

Melissa

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2016, 03:12:18 PM »

Riley04
I'm exactly the same as you. on Citalopram as GP didn't recognise my symptoms as menopause related but I was only 42 when they started. I'm on HRT but still feel very low, very disconnected and go between being a horrible vicious mum to my two kiddies to being withdrawn and energy less. And I feel so so alone with it all. I even told my husband yesterday that I genuinely believe they would be better off without me...I'm not suicidal but think if I lived on my own it would be better for them  :'(

Riley04

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2016, 07:26:46 PM »

Melissa you are not on your own and how you are feeling is down to hormones. There's lots of knowledgeable ladies on here who can offer you advice on hrt. I've really not got on with hrt but the citalopram is starting to work. Keep posting on here and rant to get it out.
Sending u big hugs xxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2016, 07:39:09 PM »

Get into the sunshine, walk briskly and wear a hat in the heat of the day.  Lots of proper cheese, full fat milk, milk puddings in the Winter ………. dairy has good fats, it is processed foodstuffs that are 'less' healthy so restricting those will help. Having said that we've stuffed a pizza this evening  ::) but usually Himself cooks from scratch.

There may be a correlation between stopping the HRT and raised anxiety levels.  Deep breathing exercises can help, but I forgot to practice  ::).   We have threads on various ways of relaxation on the Forum …….. I find that not planning too far ahead can help too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]