Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi - Advice Please  (Read 2474 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Evorel Sequi - Advice Please
« on: August 09, 2016, 11:33:40 AM »

Hello

Can anyone shed any light on this please?  I have nearly completed 3 months on Evorel sequi and need some advice.

The first month was okay with up and downs and really enjoyed the combi patch.  The second month was okay again with ups and downs but really enjoyed the oestrogen patch.
This final month has been a total nightmare, very very few good days and out of the last 32 days, I haven't been bleeding for 9 of them! 

I'm feeling very down and despondent and really don't know what to do for the best.  Unfortunately, I feel like I am getting worse and not better.  Advice please anyone?

Lizab

Re: Evorel Sequi - Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 04:04:21 AM »

Mis71Mum, I remember your concern after the second month. It sounds like you are not so much up and down now, but just leveled off at down. Do you think a bump in dosage is possible? I'm not familiar with Evorel's dose options, but I'm thinking more estrogen may help. You're experience on Evorel sounds like my first few months on hrt, and bumping up the estrogen has helped. I think I remember this isn't your first go on hrt. Had you had a better system in the past?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 04:44:45 PM »

Hi Mis71Mum - sounds like your own cycle is taking over somewhat - as I seem to remember you are peri-menopausal? Provided there is nothing amiss causing the additional bleeding (eg fibroids, polyps etc) you might be better off trying separate oestrogen and progestogen so that you can tweak the dosage of each hormone separately. Additional bleeding could also be due to insufficient progesterone.

If you have suffered generally from heavy bleeding have you thought of a Mirena coil and then you could just add in oestrogen at the dose most suitable for your symptoms?

Hurdity x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 05:03:04 PM »

Hello

Thanks for both replies. 

I have to take some positives out of the last 3 months, I've had some days where I have felt the best I have for years.  I also know that I can tolerate another synthetic progesterone which has to be good news.  I've also had relief mainly from the flushes but occasionally I am getting the sweats still.

Yes I am peri and have a small fibroid.  I'm not sure but I thought the fibroid would contribute to the heaviness but not the earlyness of my bleeding, if that makes sense.  So am wondering if it's the progesterone side causing problems.

My proper withdrawal bleed was 17 days ago and now am having another full bleed at the moment.  Surely, there can't be anything else left to come down!!! I really really don't mind the bleeding but can't help feeling, my mood is far flatter when I am bleeding which for the last month, has been a lot.

This also happened when I took Femoston 1/10 and 2/10 so there's a definite pattern developing.

I will consider the Mirena but I know from complications when giving birth and a bizarre shaped uterus, that the fit might not be straight forward.  However, Qlaria is sounding like a good option too for 5 years as I am 45 at the moment.