Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Worried and anxious  (Read 2579 times)

Sammas

Worried and anxious
« on: August 06, 2016, 06:28:58 AM »

Firstly, I would like to say thank you to people who have replied to my previous posts I have increased Macalife to twice a day, but no difference. When I started on one a day they worked pretty much straight away Like others I try and keep active and positive I am now thinking of trying the Ladycare magnet I really don't know what else to do as if I go down the HRT route, how do I know what my body needs if tests are unreliable? I am feeling fed up of waking up tired, anxiety and irritability I just want my old life back and don't want to have to keep cancelling things. Sorry to ramble on. X

Dancinggirl

Re: Worried and anxious
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 08:22:59 AM »

The point of prescribed HRT is that is tried and tested - benefits and side effects are known and it is still the most effective and safest way to control meno symptoms. Maca, I believe, has some powerful side effects and needs to beused with caution - as do many botanical remedies.
Whilst blood tests can be misleading, doctors should go on symptoms having tested to check whether there is anythings else going on to cause the flushes etc.  - Thyroid function should always be ruled out as a cause.
If you are peri meno then these ups and down are all part of the hormonal fluctuations and this gives the impression that herbal remedies and supplements are working.
Do talk to your GP about HRT - ask to be referred to meno clinic if possible but you have everything to gain and nothing to loose if you try HRT.
Please don't forget that 'quality of life' is terribly important.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Worried and anxious
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 08:59:43 AM »

Good idea Dancinggirl !  :thankyou:

I suggest making a list of symptoms Sammas - also some ladies find that keeping a mood/food diary helpful as on good days we can forget how awful symptoms can make us feel!  After 3 months you should have a reasonable idea of any pattern/s forming that you can then discuss with a GP/Practice Nurse or Pharmacist.

Start with the worst symptom and work through how you really feel each day.  The Change can cause worries but once you have worked out what you want to change, you have something concrete to talk to your GP or us about  ;)