Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Red sore area that won't go!  (Read 5444 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Red sore area that won't go!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 07:07:41 AM »

:-\

Rose B

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 11:32:54 AM »

Hi,
just spotted this.  I would agree with others that fine to use ovestin on the sore area of your vulva. i have been advised similar, as vagifem doesn't get to the external bits.

If this doesn't help, I would  ask to see a vulval dermatologist just to rule out lichen sclerosus, which I also have, and causes similar symptoms to VA, but different treatment.

Good luck!

babyjane

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 04:10:42 PM »

this thread has been interesting to read as I have a friend who was recently suspected to have vulvar cancer but after 2 lots of biopsies cancer was ruled out.  There has been a referral to a dermatologist but nowhere nearer knowing what the problem is.

andius

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 09:55:23 PM »

I went to a dermatologist when I had this problem (same area) and they told me to use 1% hydrocortisone ointment...not cream.(can buy without RX) I was told to put it on twice daily and it did seem to help. I was on 75mg patch, 200mg progesterone daily and vagifem 2x weekly at the time about 3 years ago.  Since I have lowered my progesterone to 100mg daily and the patch to 50mg, most of the time I am ok even without vagifem now.

I think it has to do with balance of the hormones which is quite obvious....the trick is getting the balance right. I would rather put up with anything else menopause throws me than to have that burning...it is awful!!! and hurts every time you go to pee even more.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 12:15:27 PM »

:thankyou:

Dancinggirl

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 04:07:01 PM »

sap22 - I would definitely get this sore patch checked out.  If something like this is ongoing despite oestrogen treatment etc. then it could be a skiing condition and as Andius has said some special ointment or cream may be necessary.
I don't want to frighten you but my mother must have had a sore patch that she just ignored for some time.  She was 78 at the time and went to the GP who simply thought she had a UTI, gave ABs but didn't examine her.  When my mother went back 6 months later because the discomfort was so bad, the GP did examine her this time and she got referred immediately as this sore patch had developed into cancer!!!  Moral of this story is - get things checked if they continue for more that 7-14 days.
Keep us posted.  DG x
Pages: 1 [2]