Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Do you own your property?  (Read 6907 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Do you own your property?
« on: August 05, 2016, 03:58:21 PM »

Do you own the Property for which you pay the bills?  Apparently some people are living in wrongly numbered flats ! due to someone along the line not noticing that B4 being built the plots were given a number which changed when the properties were built  :o.

Interesting to see how this will pan out - a bit worrying that the Mortgage companies aren't more interested in getting this sorted so that the correct properties can be sold by the correct owners!

Pennyfarthing

Re: Do you own your property?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 05:57:29 PM »

I heard this on Jeremy Vine Programme today. A right old mess isn't it?

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 05:59:24 PM »

We don't listen often but were stuck in traffic  ;D so I switched on to hear any travel news  ::).

Will be interesting to see if the media follows this one!

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 09:18:23 PM »

I would just love to have a number as well as a house name, because it is difficult to find us, though that can be an advantage occasionally. Not as bad as it used to be with googling post codes, but it used to a nightmare getting stuff delivered and for emergency services to find us. Our house is built in what used to be the back end of another houses large garden. When another neighbour tried to do the same thing and sell the end of their garden, they were told we shouldn't be there! :-\  Still the land registry clearly shows we exist!

Cazikins

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 11:06:25 PM »

When I bought my first house we were given a plot number. The estate was still being developed, but when it was finally finished we were given a house number.
Whilst we were in the process of buying it our mortgage company referred to it as the Plot number.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 08:44:02 AM »

I know of a terrace with 17 properties but none own the garden directly behind each.  There is a Right of Way across the patios half way down each garden so that they can access the garden they own  ::).  One way of meeing the neighbours I guess?

dazned

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 04:58:01 PM »

Our new house just has a name,NO street/road name and the whole village is the same postcode ! Can you imagine the problems we had/will have getting things delivered !
When any deliveries came like fridge from Argos they rang on mobile,which signal is very hit and miss anyway,and I had to go outside and stand on top of the wall in front garden waving them in like it was a Boeing 747 !

The whole village must think that I'm mad !  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 05:01:11 PM »

Yep - and English  ;D

I think that the Post Office [B4 it became Royal Mail] decided that every property in the UK had to be allocated a number.  For years our family named their houses ………. each 1 being individual.  The names followed onto the property Deeds.

In the area where we now live any gaps on Estates are given numbers so that those houses built aren't muddled ……… I could never understand the alternate odd/even numbering though  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 05:20:01 PM »

But why ?

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 05:29:27 PM »

That wouldn't work here, our Town Hall is 15 miles away  ::).   I suppose years ago everyone knew or was related to everyone else so the postal people didn't have trouble with deliveries  ???

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 06:02:44 PM »

As well as roads with houses on either side being very long …………