Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Patchladies...does the patch area get saturated at some point?  (Read 3023 times)

matildamouse

I am on Estradot patches and just wondering whether the patch area you use get saturated which cause less absorption at some stage? I do rotate my patch between left and right lower tummy area (bikini line) but was wondering about this. Do any of you put the patch on your back?
I am concerned I wont be able to notice if it falls off when on my back especially with Estradot being so small and having the clear colour.

Lizab

Re: Patchladies...does the patch area get saturated at some point?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 05:03:53 AM »

I think it can become saturated and reduce absorption. My directions call for rotating and not reapplying to the same area for a week. Since my patches are twice weekly, I rotate left and right and also rotate closer to my navel or closer to my hip, so I use 4 spots across my lower belly. I believe you can use them on your backside, some brands include that in the options, but the absorption is supposed to be higher on the backside and you shouldn't rotate front and back.

matildamouse

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 05:20:51 AM »

Thanks Lisab, that is very helpful and make sense!

Lizab

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 03:33:18 PM »

Thinking again with a fresh mind, I don't think the gel users rotate application sites, so maybe the rotation is only to prevent irritation not saturation. My method is working so I'll stick with it!

Liz

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 03:41:23 PM »

I've today changed my Oestrogel site to my bum cheek, rather than my inner thigh.  Going to see if it makes a difference.  Anyone else do this with their gel?

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 05:51:22 PM »

I change upper thighs each time for my Estradot patch and when abroad I use bum cheeks

Annie x

linz57

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 04:04:47 PM »

I use a patch on my bum cheeks and alternate between left and right cheek and also higher and lower. The problem is if it's too high or too low my knickers can make the edges curl up.

andius

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 10:28:28 PM »

I find if I put the patch on my backside, I will loose it.....I start feeling weird and check for it and it is gone!!!!! So I just rotate in front. LOL

My patch areas have never seemed to get saturated with estrogen.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:35:55 PM by andius »