Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: oestradiol less than 19 & don't know what to do!  (Read 4642 times)

Blue Kingfisher

Re: oestradiol less than 19 & don't know what to do!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 09:50:21 AM »

Success!!!   ;D I have the prescription! I need to go back to the chemist at 4pm to collect it as its been ordered.

So I just need to make sure I know what I'm doing the the gel now! ...So, do I apply it twice daily, one & a half pumps each time, roughly 12 hours apart each application? Not sure where to apply it though? Is it inner thigh or outer upper arm? Do I alternate where I apply it or doesn't it matter to keep applying on the same skin area?

Thanks so much Mary G for giving me the confidence to go back & try again, I'm so desperate & extremely grateful for your help X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 10:01:28 AM »

Just use 2 pumps per day either night or morning - the instructions will tell you what to do.  As Mary suggests you may need to increase to 3 pumps if flushes are not under control.  Further blood tests after 4 weeks might be necessary to see if your hormone levels have built up to see if you need to increase to 3 or even 4 pumps per day. I always apply to inner thighs - just apply it to clean dry skin & don't use moisturiser on that area.  Your oestrogen level is so low you need to build this up to start to feel better.  You can add in some progesterone after 2-4 weeks to induce a withdrawal bleed but Studd should guide you through all this when he sees you. Do take you blood test results and a list of your symptoms and questions when you see Studd so you get the most form you appointment.
Well done - hope you fell better soon. Dg x

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 10:19:59 AM »

Thanks Dancing Girl, I didn't realise you just applied it once daily. I think I will apply the gel at night as that way it doesn't interfere with shower routine etc & I can start sooner!

I just hope that this gel isn't one of those "you need to feel worse before you get better" type things!  :'( I've had too many of those experiences & in my experience they NEVER get better :-\

Thank you so much for your support X

Mary G

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 11:42:51 AM »

Great news and well done!   It is so helpful for you to start the gel before you see Professor Studd on the 19th because you can then discuss any points you wish to raise about doses etc.

Professor Studd usually starts you off on 3 pumps of gel everyday but as I said before, don't touch the Utrogestan until you have seen him and he will tell you when to take it.  Because your oestrogel levels are so low, he will probably want to give you a good long run on oestrogen only to give you the feelgood factor. 

You can use the gel whenever you like and you can take it all in one go.  I have reduced my dose to 2 pumps everyday and do a split dose of 1 pump every 12 hours to get an even dose.

Great stuff, you will be feeling better very soon!

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 01:25:24 PM »

Thanks Mary G! It's Dr Savvas I think he's called that I'm seeing at the clinic but he is Studd trained. I can't wait until Oct to see Prof Studd himself but I'm sure it will be fine.

I will experiment with dosing. Instinct tells me split dosing makes sense in terms of trying to establish some hormonal stability but I'll have to 'suck it n' see' because im also on thyroid meds which I currently take either at night or early hours of the morning if I've eaten late the night before.

Very interesting that low oestrogen affects your thyroid function......I think I need to be careful now I'm on an increased of thyroid medication. I have a suspicion that when some oestrogen builds up in my system that I'll be able to better utilise the thyroid medication....I'd better keep an eye on things as I don't want to end up all hyped up on too much thyroid hormone!

Looking forward to starting the gel tonight!  :)

Mary G

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 03:50:20 PM »

Sorry, I got a bit confused because you mentioned your phone call to Professor Studd's office but of course your are seeing Dr. Savvas on the 19th and I hadn't realised you are also seeing Professor Studd later on!

At least you have something to work with now and you can discuss this on the 19th.  It will be trial and error getting the dose to suit you and you may or may not wish to split the dose.  Some women feel better using the gel at night and some in the morning but you will only know once you start using it.

Please keep us posted on your progress.
Pages: 1 [2]