Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Patches to pills?  (Read 2835 times)

Pixie

Patches to pills?
« on: August 03, 2016, 07:17:54 PM »

Hi ladies,
New to all this so I hope I'm posting this in the right place.
I'm about to change from femseven sequi patches to ellesete duet 2mg, does anyone know if they will start working straight away or will I have to wait another 4-6 weeks for them to kick in? Should have asked my doctor, but totally forgot.

Freckles

Re: Patches to pills?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 09:42:25 PM »

Hi there and welcome
Why are you changing from patches to pills?
Transdermal HRT (patches or gel)  are more effective than tablets as well as being more effective.
Freckles x

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 10:46:52 PM »

Hi Pixie  :welcomemm:
I would expect the tablets to pretty much take over from the patches. I wouldn't expect to have to wait 4 - 6 weeks.
You might notice some small change but I wouldn't think it would cause too much of a problem.
Try not to look for any problems.
Cazikins

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 10:56:50 PM »

Hi Pixie - welcome from me too.

Taz  x :welcomemm:

Pixie

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 08:17:48 PM »

Thanks for your replys and welcome messages.
 I'm changing because I had trouble keeping the patches on so they weren't working as well as they should have done. Plus I felt quite low on them all the time, but especially on the last 2 weeks.
Shame because I much prefer the idea of having patches.

walking the dog

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 08:21:38 PM »

Welcome to forum pixie
Could you try a different patch ? I'm using estradoit they stick fab and are tiny 😊

Pixie

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 08:31:11 PM »

Hi,
I don't think I can use those yet as they are oestrogen only  aren't they? I still have to have the progesterone, which I'm really not liking much.  I did try another patch but they had a really bad effect on me so I  couldn't use them. My doctor is telling me that when I haven't had a period for a year I can then use the oestrogen only, I'm looking forward to that  :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:32:53 PM by Pixie »

walking the dog

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 09:07:28 PM »

Yes but you can get the progesterone via micronized progesterone like I do or you could have mirena coil for progesterone

Fingers crossed one of the more knowledgeable hrt ladies will post a reply and advise you. Its sometimes quiet on here at weekends and holiday periods but hang in there you will def gets response xc

Nina

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 10:27:20 PM »

Hi pixie

It doesn't matter if you've been period free for a year, you'll still need progesterone if you have your womb still.

I went from patches to pills as the patches wouldn't stick, the gel was always tacky and made my joints ache. Though as we all know these preparations suit many others, not all. There's no 'better' or 'worse', it's all about which route suits the individual.

It's trial and error I'm afraid  ;D

Grumpymum

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 08:52:30 PM »

Hi Pixie
I couldn't get femseven to stick either, it's a common problem. I changed to estradot patches which stick really well and are much smaller. I then use Utrogestan for 12 nights so it's a sequi regime. It was recommended to me by the ladies here. I still have some problems but it may work for you. I didn't get on with other progesterones.
Good luck.

dazned

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 08:10:11 AM »

Hi Pixie, your doctor is wrong !  >:(
If you have your womb you will always need progesterone ! How can these doctors be so uninformed ?

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 07:16:40 PM »

Hi Pixie

:welcomemm: from me too!

Yes as the others said you need progesterone if you have a womb - the difference is that when you have been without periods for a year you take it continuously rather than half the month and theoretically you don't get a bleed once it has settled. Some of us opt to take it cyclically though as like you we don't like being on this part of the cycle - so I still have a withdrawal bleed (longer cycle) at aged 63 - the lesser of the two evils!!

If you didn't feel good on the oatches then it could have been the progestogen that disagreed with you and also maybe for you the oestrogen dose was not high enough. You haven't said how old you are and where in menopause? As Grumpymum says Estradot are very small and stick well - I've been using them for over 9 years! Also Utrogestan as she does. Also they (Estradot patches) come in different strengths so you could increase the oestrogen separately (eg try a 75 mcg if the 50 mcg doesn't eliminate symptoms) - which is difficult with a combi patch like Femseven.

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x