Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is it just me, or is this a bit tactless?  (Read 5139 times)

Dorothy

Is it just me, or is this a bit tactless?
« on: August 06, 2016, 02:52:17 PM »

I went into Boots today to top up my supply of Vagisil.  It's always been in the 'feminine hygiene' section before, or occasionally in with the other washes & creams like E45.  Today, I hunted high & low for it & started to stress that they'd stopped supplying it.  When I asked the store assistant if they still stocked it, she pointed me to the 'family planning & pregnancy' section!!!  There was the Vagisil range, sandwiched in between pregnancy testing kits and vitamin supplements for women who are trying to conceive.

Bearing in mind a lot of women who use these products are unable to have children, I felt it was really insensitive to have moved them to that part of the shop.  I also wondered how women who have had children and are now going through meno would feel being spotted browsing the 'family planning' section.  I was wondering about pointing this out to the lady, but didn't feel like explaining to a total stranger that I was going through early meno.  I was also just wanting to get the stuff & leave as fast as possible before anyone I knew saw me in that section & started rumours. 

Am I just having an extra-sensitive day, or does anyone else think it's a bit tactless?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is it just me, or is this a bit tactless?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 03:24:45 PM »

I totally agree: tactless.  I feel a letter to the Managing Director coming on !

It's hardly family planning section ………. perhaps we should arrive en masse at the doors and move the lot to where it ought to be?  ;)

Dorothy

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »

Yay!  The Menopause Matters Protest Group in action   :) 

Perhaps we could all lie down in the road outside our local Boots & refuse to move until THEY move the Vagisil  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 05:18:22 PM »

:-\