Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Ovestin caused irritation - can I apply to my skin instead ?  (Read 3179 times)

Yvette

Ovestin caused irritation - can I apply to my skin instead ?
« on: August 01, 2016, 07:44:29 PM »

Hi there,
I have been put on Ovestin for dryness and bladder issues - I found it irritated entrance of Vagina. Stooped using it and started using  a vaginal moisturiser called Aci Gel - it is very good , but due to bladder concerns would like to use Ovestin once a week. Last time I used it as gyn suggested ( a small pea sized amount at entrance of vagina ) it caused irritation again. Last week I rubbed same amount into skin on stomach - is there any reason it could not work applied to skin as opposed to vagina ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovestin caused irritation - can I apply to my skin instead ?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 07:48:46 PM »

Yep.

:welcomemm:

If this product is irritating you then ask for Vagifem.  The idea is to use each for 12 consecutive nights followed by every 3 and every 5th night so that the vagina is lubricated - it plumps up tissues that may well have thinned due to the drop off of oestrogen levels = burning, for me it was like razor blades up there  >:(.

The products are designed to be used high up in the vagina as a slow release easing of symptoms.  Localised.  Other HRT may be absorbed by the skin in other places but not this one.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 09:05:28 AM »

I agree with CKLD - Vagifem is much better and less irritating.  I wouldn't use the cream anywhere else - it won't work.  DG x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 10:07:41 AM »

Definitely agree with CLKD and Dancinggirl. It wont work when put on the stomach. Try Vagifem which is a teeny pre-loaded pessary you insert high into the vagina - every night for two weeks and then twice a week if I remember rightly. It plumps everything up really well. It can take a few weeks to settle but after that you should see some good results. http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/a7713/vagifem-estradiol/

Taz x  :)