Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello ..  (Read 1094 times)

Beester

Hello ..
« on: August 01, 2016, 07:48:49 PM »

How do I introduce myself when the fact is I'm a perimenopausal monster!!  I'm sure I am not alone but I feel so lonely.  I work with girls half my age - small company so no peers.   No peers and that's really hard.  I put my top on and off (wear a teeshirt) god knows how many times a day.  I cry a lot.  I sleep a little, last week the worst was a 2.30am wake up, but I haven't made up the time.   I'm not losing weight but I'm trying.   I know my adrenalin is racing as anxiety and nervous irritably whack about the place.  Oh the forgetfulness, I nearly forgot to mention that (!)

I am mindful not to go on a diatribe too much but i just want not to be lonely and also I don't want the doctor route with this if I can help it.    I've just come out of a bit of NLP which has helped me considerably, the anxiety is just low level and not debilitating.   I take agnus castus and avena sativa (oatseed) which help the moods.  I take red clover to help wtih the hot flashes.   I take magnesium.   I have a bunch of iso whatsits.   

Anyway I look forward to chatting and laughing and sharing and learning as I move into my crone years.   

Taz2

Re: Hello ..
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 07:54:36 PM »

Hi Beester - no longer alone now that you have found us lovely lot!!

Taz  x  :welcomemm: :ola:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 07:57:24 PM »

;D  sorry  :-X - you'll fit right in here!

Browse round.  Make notes.  You are so not alone!  Many women think that they can go it alone with alternatives to have a look at that particular 'room' here.  However, although some may ease symptoms, once hormones begin to play 'up' by fluctuating, they can over-ride the various 'herbals'.  Don't rule out HRT.

How old are you?  Ladies who go into peri earlier than expected should take HRT in order to protect bones and heart, as taking the HRT is replacing what the body would be making but for some reason the ovaries have gone on go slow!  Brisk walking, regular exercise, 'me' time can aid sleep.  But hot flushes and worry can cause ladies not to sleep well - there are threads about that here.

We have a funny room too!

Some GPs automatically prescribe anti-depressants as they don't think ladies are in peri unless they have hot flushes  >:(  :D.  Some ladies find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful!

Beester

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 08:02:17 PM »

Thanks both that was really quick.

A friend of mine does homeopathy, she is retired from it but was talking about it.  I did look study homeopathy for a while and it did my head in.  I was explaining to her that every day is different, some days I am tired, some days I am awake, some days I cry, other days I am angry, other days quiet.   And she said that her little book has a different remedy for a different set of symptoms.

I can't do St. John's Wort of Evening Primrose because of epilepsy.

I can't face up to the HRT prospect.   I don't know why.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 08:44:44 PM »

Is there any rush?  If you have heard/read any bad reports about HRT being 'dangerous', realise that this has been discounted in recent studies of very old research!  GPs have been given new guidelines. 

Homeopathy may give a placebo effect.  What ever works. 

walking the dog

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 09:16:33 PM »

Hi beester welcome to the forum you will find lots of support here and your not alone.
Tried homeopathy when I hit peri menopause at 44 as my first symptom was what appeared to be constant conjunctivitis but when the gp took swabs there was never sn infection !? One of the gps at my practice was into homeopathy and did a whole low down on me and prescribed me pulsatilla. I took it for abut a year it did nothing for the conjunctivitis but strangely I lost all desire to bite my fingernails which have bit since age ten. I gave up on it eventually but each to their own. If you find it helps that's great . I'm sure some other ladies will give you their advice soon 😊